Ranger class 02-06 pictures?

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
LT1979
Ranger

Ranger class 02-06 pictures?

Post by LT1979 »

Hey everyone, i was told not to buy the Ranger school class photo from the guy that sells them at RS for 15 bucks a pop because i was told that i can download the picture for free off the internet, but i dont know where i can get it...does anyone know? Lemme know, thanks

LT
"Damn this rucksack is fucking heavy"
Ranger class 02-06
LT1979
Ranger

Post by LT1979 »

yea im pretty pissed about the pictures being taken indoors....something ive always looked forward too was graduating ranger school and getting that picture underneath that big Ranger tab, and it sucked when the guy made us take it indoors in the classroom....i felt like i was taking a 3rd grade class photo with my platoon...lol
"Damn this rucksack is fucking heavy"
Ranger class 02-06
NightRaider3A
Ranger

still no photo

Post by NightRaider3A »

So now 03-06 and 04-06 photos are up, but still no 02-06. Any word on the hold up?
PL, XO 4ID APR02-APR05
RS 02-06
Assistant S3, 3-4 Cav JAN06-Pres
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

Ranger LT1979, my hubby is in a similar boat as you though he graduated almost 2 decades ago. He graduated RS 8-88 and they did not have a class photo taken at all. It was around Independence Day and TASC was tied up with various events that weekend and couldn't get an official photo of his class. I've searched high and low, had some Rangers at RTB help me out and a photo for his class simply doesn't exist. I knew it would mean so much to him if I could find one and surprise him but I was pretty disappointed not to find one.
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
toad
Ranger

Post by toad »

66G_RN wrote:Ranger LT1979, my hubby is in a similar boat as you though he graduated almost 2 decades ago. He graduated RS 8-88 and they did not have a class photo taken at all. It was around Independence Day and TASC was tied up with various events that weekend and couldn't get an official photo of his class. I've searched high and low, had some Rangers at RTB help me out and a photo for his class simply doesn't exist. I knew it would mean so much to him if I could find one and surprise him but I was pretty disappointed not to find one.
We had one taken!!!

Here it is and can be found on the RTB site!!!!! :roll:

https://www-benning.army.mil/rtb/ranger/photo/8-88.jpg
Cco 3/75th 2nd plt wpns sqd 87-89
RS 8-88
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Whoa...big class!......it's funny, all the studs in every class photo always look kinda' the same....hungry and tired. :lol:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
66G_RN
Vet/ Ranger Wife/ Sister

Post by 66G_RN »

toad wrote:
66G_RN wrote:Ranger LT1979, my hubby is in a similar boat as you though he graduated almost 2 decades ago. He graduated RS 8-88 and they did not have a class photo taken at all. It was around Independence Day and TASC was tied up with various events that weekend and couldn't get an official photo of his class. I've searched high and low, had some Rangers at RTB help me out and a photo for his class simply doesn't exist. I knew it would mean so much to him if I could find one and surprise him but I was pretty disappointed not to find one.
We had one taken!!!

Here it is and can be found on the RTB site!!!!! :roll:

https://www-benning.army.mil/rtb/ranger/photo/8-88.jpg
My bad Ranger Toad, it must have been RS class 9-88. There's a photo for RS class 8-88 and RS class 10-88 on the RTB website, but not for RS class 9-88. I think he started in your class but recycled the mountains.
Army Nurse Corps 89-98
NightRaider3A
Ranger

Post by NightRaider3A »

damn, still looking for the picture....
PL, XO 4ID APR02-APR05
RS 02-06
Assistant S3, 3-4 Cav JAN06-Pres
ChuckNorris

Post by ChuckNorris »

From what I heard people in my platoon who did pay for that pic got their checks returned, since the lighting on the pic was fuct. If you want another pic you could always turn to a posuer faviorite and superimpose your face, although somewhat discouraged...

As for taking it under the tab... don't do that anymore its put on the picture digitally.
gay for sure.
Jim Jones
Ranger

Post by Jim Jones »

We had our picture taken under the tab on a rappeling wall(not the one at victory pond). I'm pretty sure it was visible in the class photo. Still waiting for the 5-06 photo to show up on the RS website.
Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. It's too bad he has never cried.
RIP class- 10-04
RS class- 05-06
B Co 2/75 Nov04-Present
Draco
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Draco »

Here is my class pic Can't tell Bob from Adam. Glad I didnt buy one.

It's amazing how some pics are clear and others blow goats. Look at the diff from mine and the next class here.
1/10th SFG(A) Bad Toelz, FRG 85-88
Co. G/143rd INF (LRRS) 89-91
Rgr Class 6-92
Jack of all trades 92-present

"Hope and pray that you'll never need me,
But rest assured I will not let you down.
I'll walk beside you but you may not see me,
The strongest among you may not wear a crown." 3DD
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Draco wrote:Here is my class pic Can't tell Bob from Adam. Glad I didnt buy one.

It's amazing how some pics are clear and others blow goats. Look at the diff from mine and the next class here.
Damn, that's a huge class!

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”