Angela's Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

angelab
Embryo

Angela's Intro

Post by angelab »

Hello. I'm Angela. I am a civilian citizen of the United States of America. I was raised in the military. My father and grandfather are both retired Navy. I have many other family members that served this country as well. My connection with the Army however, is limited to my sister's service after she graduated from high school and her ex-husband who remains on active duty, recently deployed. My interest in the Rangers comes from a very close platonic friendship that has lasted for over a decade. I met my friend immediately following his early retirement. He had served as an Airborne Ranger and it seemed to be so much a part of him that it was like it was in his blood or something. When Mogadishu happened I began to understand what it was that he had trained for and lived for when he was Active Duty. Upon my suggestion he joined the Army Reserves soon after. He is currently deployed in Iraq. I am proud of him and I am proud of the Army Rangers, as well as, all of the men and women of the Armed Forces and I thank you for your sacrifice. My intention at this website is to become educated and gleen some understanding. I don't intend to post very often, but if I do I would appreciate a quick response/guidance if anything that I post could be considered questionable. I DO NOT want to be the weak link. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Addendum: If you want to know about me personally I will tell you that I am married with 5 children. I am a Christian. I have two associate degrees. The first in liberal arts and the second as a paralegal. I love getting to know people and their backgrounds...cultures...subcultures, especially the Pacific Islands.
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Welcome to Army Ranger, Angela. I hope you enjoy reading the info, there is alot! 8)
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Welcome Angelab, in reading your intro it struck me as being a little odd that upon "your suggestion" as you put it this so-called former Ranger decided to join the Army Reserves, just didn't seem like one of us would decide to go Reserves on the pure basis of a suggestion by a "platonic friend" but I'll take your word for it :roll:

(you sure he didn't try to get some before he shipped off to Iraq? You know the old "we may never see each other again line").....

I HATE THE WORD PLATONIC BTW!!!
:evil:

WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT FRIGGIN WORD SHOULD BE HOGTIED AND SHOT, THEN DRAGGED THROUGH "BLACK PALM" BUTT NAKED, & FORCED TO DIE A SLOW AND MISERABLE DEATH !!! :twisted:

Get yourself an avatar, we won't hold it against you that you're a navy brat and we honor your family members who have served our Nation.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Welcome Angelab,

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome to the site and enjoy the reading.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
mikelogics
Tadpole

Post by mikelogics »

My interest in the Rangers comes from a very close platonic friendship that has lasted for over a decade.
Platonic...... friendship...... one of you must have been ugly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome :wink:
If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

SFOC Class 77-94
Tm Ldr, SF Tm 1302 95-96
CO, 12th SF Co. SFR(A) SOCOM PA 97-99
CO, 66th Infantry Battalion 10th Infantry Divison, Philippine Army (current)
Mom in Texas
Tadpole

Post by Mom in Texas »

Welcome angelab.

PM Inbound.
There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. - Colin Powell
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Bugsy wrote:Welcome Angelab, in reading your intro it struck me as being a little odd that upon "your suggestion" as you put it this so-called former Ranger decided to join the Army Reserves, just didn't seem like one of us would decide to go Reserves on the pure basis of a suggestion by a "platonic friend" but I'll take your word for it :roll:

(you sure he didn't try to get some before he shipped off to Iraq? You know the old "we may never see each other again line").....

I HATE THE WORD PLATONIC BTW!!!
:evil:

WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THAT FRIGGIN WORD SHOULD BE HOGTIED AND SHOT, THEN DRAGGED THROUGH "BLACK PALM" BUTT NAKED, & FORCED TO DIE A SLOW AND MISERABLE DEATH !!! :twisted:

Get yourself an avatar, we won't hold it against you that you're a navy brat and we honor your family members who have served our Nation.
All I have to add to that is ....Are you hot Angela?
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site Ma'am.

RLTW
Bell
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

Welcome Angela. :)
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Matador275 wrote:All I have to add to that is ....Are you hot Angela?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Your going to hell, Bullkiller....and Moni is there.

Hello, Ma'm....Im The Pastor and what you will see and read here will challenge your Christian sensabilities...in fact they will challenge ALL of your sensabilities. But, in the end I think you will see that behind the crude, rude, exterior demeanor of the gents on this site....is an even cruder and ruder interior. However, each one will tell the truth if it kills him, fight for fun, and make light of the most all and every sacred issue brought here. Be prepared...have a goodun.

NO, really Bullkiller...its cellulite and green teef for you..... :lol: :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I am on a one way trip to hell anyways, so I might as well make the ride well worth it....

So do you look like this

or more like this

?
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Matador275 wrote:I am on a one way trip to hell anyways, so I might as well make the ride well worth it....

So do you look like this

or more like this

?
Interesting you would post pictures of your Ex wife and a blond Poster girl. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Return to “Introduction Archive”