Military Posers on Internet Discussion Boards.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Parabellum
Ranger

Re: Military Posers on Internet Discussion Boards.

Post by Parabellum »

SSG Rock wrote:I haven't really thought about this much. But a friend of mine runs a discussion board called the Free Speech Forum. And we think we just nailed a poser. Claims to have served in the Army all through the sixties, not only that but claims Airborne, and also that he fought in Khe Sahn, Saigon, that he also served in Guam, Korea and Okinawa. We just found a pic of him, and if he had served in Vietnam when he says he did, he would be at least 63, in the pic he looks to be in his mid 40s. He has never offered up proof that he served then again, we never asked him. We took him for his word, but I think he has been outed big time.

Do any of you have experience outing Army posers? How do you bo about doing it. And what do you do with a piece of shit like that on an internet forum? What can you do?
I think there was only Marines at Khe Sahn. I could be mistaken though.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Lots of Army at Khe Sahn.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Re: Military Posers on Internet Discussion Boards.

Post by The Holmchicken »

Unknown wrote:
SSG Rock wrote:I haven't really thought about this much. But a friend of mine runs a discussion board called the Free Speech Forum. And we think we just nailed a poser. Claims to have served in the Army all through the sixties, not only that but claims Airborne, and also that he fought in Khe Sahn, Saigon, that he also served in Guam, Korea and Okinawa. We just found a pic of him, and if he had served in Vietnam when he says he did, he would be at least 63, in the pic he looks to be in his mid 40s. He has never offered up proof that he served then again, we never asked him. We took him for his word, but I think he has been outed big time.

Do any of you have experience outing Army posers? How do you bo about doing it. And what do you do with a piece of shit like that on an internet forum? What can you do?

1st Cav went and saved the Jarheads at Khe Sahn
I think there was only Marines at Khe Sahn. I could be mistaken though.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Provide evidence that he's a shit and let the rest of the world come down on him.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Take my word, there are a lot of "wannabees." Simply ask him for proof. If he declines to provide it, tell him to STFU.

BTW, when the USMC was at Khe Sanh, the 37th Vietnamese Ranger Battalion was also there. CPT (Then) Walter Gunn was the Senior Advisor. They (along with the USMC) were relieved when the 1st Cav Div entered the fight.
Last edited by Jim on September 23rd, 2005, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Ask for units of assignment. Ask for school dates. He will choke and make excuses.

-- Dave Barry
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

SSG Rock wrote:I'm reading up on it right now.

But what about taking action if you prove someone is a military poser? Anyone have any thoughts on that besides flaming the shit out of him on the board, shaming him, shunning him, banning him?
Throat punch them to prevent further acts...
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

SSG Rock wrote:Right. That was my plan, but wanted to see if anyone had any more, lets say, original methods.
Walk up to him, look him straight in the eye, and kick him in the nuts as hard as you can. When he is laying on the ground looking up at you holding his ever so swollen balls and asks you why you did it, tell him you just wanted the size of his balls to match the size of his big fuckin lying mouth, and now they do!!! :twisted:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I have experience, but I don't have regular access to a computer at present. Try sending a PM to Bubba, who will be all to happy to offer his assistance, if he has time at present, his username here is RRDTm3. He exceeds annual his bag limit on posers regularly.

Also, check your PMs. I am sending you one.
Lancer33

Post by Lancer33 »

Army involvement at Khe Sahn would be dependant on time frame. I would ask him what Fire Bases were close enough to provide support, what cities were close, where did he do his in country R&R, etc. Or just be direct and tell him to cough up a 214 and some names that can be verified.
AVIATOR: 1 EACH, OD IN COLOR, 100B0
RVN 70/71
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

i am a big fan of punking them out in public!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “The Mosh Pit”