Katrina: Red Witch of the South

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Katrina: Red Witch of the South

Post by Ardent Lady »

To those of you in the path of this...

Edit: Permanent picture added so the thread makes sense later...

This one changes with every update...

Take care! May GRITS guide you to safety!
Last edited by Ardent Lady on August 31st, 2005, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

I was at Ft Polk in Sept of '65 for Hurricane Betsy, the last BIG blow to hit Louisiana. It was small compared to Katrina but did a lot of damage. Katrina is going to be VERY BAD!
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Y'all in those several states better head for higher ground. Swells can be over 20 feet high and will dump lotsa rain into swollen rivers/waterways.

.Thanks for the pic AL
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

To all those in Katrina's path, take care and take cover.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

elle39 wrote:To all those in Katrina's path, take care and take cover.
Definately second that. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the area.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
Daisey

Post by Daisey »

Many thoughts and prayers are being sent to those of you in the path of Hurricane Katrina. Be safe.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

7 pm tomarrow katrina is gouing to wipe us out!! We are right in the path 100 miles north of new orleans. we have decided to stay drunk untill it blows over
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Julieanne
US Army Veteran

Post by Julieanne »

Thinking of you all in her path. Be safe.
~Julie
XVIII ABN Corps, Desert Storm Jan '91-May'91
319th MI BN May '91-Sept '93

"With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice."
HarleyRider
Paratrooper

Post by HarleyRider »

Its been non stop traffic all over La this weekend. Everyone has been evacuating from down South. The hotels are all booked. Im definitely sending prayers out for everyone in the path of this monster.
101st 96-98
25th 98-00
173rd 00-03
JRTC 2003-Mar 06
On orders back to 173rd
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

We had a bunch of people at Church here in Houston tonight from New Orleans. There are supposed to be 8-12 foot storm surges in Galveston even though we probably won't get much rain (if at all).

The barometric pressure readings in the Gulf right now are the lowest they've been since 1935. They are saying this storm has the force of Camille but it is much larger than Camille. The estimated storm surge in New Orleans is 25 feet. The record is 24 feet.

My prayers and thoughts go out to all those effected by the storm.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Steadfast wrote:Y'all in those several states better head for higher ground. Swells can be over 20 feet high and will dump lotsa rain into swollen rivers/waterways.

.Thanks for the pic AL
You're welcome for the pic, Ranger Steadfast. Turns out the link automatically updates itself, so if you Refresh your browser, you can see the latest view. I take no credit for any technological brilliance in doing that - I just noticed it was happening! I gladly leave all the forum posting techno whiz stuff to Paratroopers SkyShark, Darksaga and others. :)
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

RangerStew wrote:Only three Catorgory 5's have hit North America in recorded weather history: "Labour Day" (1935), Camille(69), Andrew(92). Katrina will be number 4. The others were terrible in their damage to both property and human life.
My father, mother, brother and I were camping on Chiquotige (spelling) island when Camille hit in 1969. We bearly made it! I still remember it. I was 10 years old and in that storm became 20 years old.

All I can say is MOVE TO HIGH GROUND!!!!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
SmileyTFJ

Post by SmileyTFJ »

The roof of the Superdome is now failing...

Holes Open Up in Louisiana Superdome Roof
Monday, August 29, 2005

NEW ORLEANS — Hurricane Katrina ripped away part of the roof on the Louisiana Superdome (search) as thousands of storm refugees huddled inside Monday.

Strips of metal were peeled away, creating two holes that were visible from the floor of the huge arena. Water dripped in and people were moved away from about five sections of seats directly below.

FULL STORY
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”