2005 Medford Cruise (updated 2006)

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Bugsy
Ranger

2005 Medford Cruise (updated 2006)

Post by Bugsy »

It was rainy this year (and because of that) I'm thinkin that a lot of the "really" tight lookin rods didn't show up this year, but we still had plenty to look at. Gonna cruise back down and watch'em ride through town later this afternoon. But I thought I'd post these shots of the ones I thought we're worth lookin at. Some of these shots don't clearly show the engine inside but here ya go anyways.

American Muscle Cars Baby!!!

and there ya have it.
Last edited by Bugsy on June 18th, 2006, 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks Bugsy, I enjoyed that cyber walk down memory lane. :lol:

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Thanks, Bugs!!!

Damn. My favorite is the 65 Goat!

So many of those muscle cars have been restored to the point where they look BETTER than they did new.

Awesome. 8)

I'd like to try and come to see that some year. I miss the car shows in Detroit.
RSD 96-99
Bell

Post by Bell »

Nice!!! I'm surprised they didn't have that '70 Cutlass in there. I had one and it was a screamer. It could outrun anything from the factory. Hemi Cudas and all.

Oldsmobile was goofing off with engines in the late 60's and early 70's. I got lucky. Funny, the insurance companies raised insurance rates across the board to 1,000 dollars a year for anyone under the age of 25 and driving a "sports" car. I swapped cars with mom. One day I'm driving a Oldsmobile orange Cutlass with rally wheels and pinstripes, the next day I'm driving a blue Bel-Air station wagon. That was one of the saddest days of my life. hahahhaa. damn...

RLTW
Bell
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Thanks Ranger Bugsy!

Awesome rides!
DT
Tadpole

Post by DT »

Ranger Bugsy, I showed my dad the pictures, he said thank you for taking the time to take them.

He wanted to know if thats your Shelby?
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

DT wrote:Ranger Bugsy, I showed my dad the pictures, he said thank you for taking the time to take them.

He wanted to know if thats your Shelby?
Nawww, its not mine I'm just partial to'em because my uncle builds'em for a livin (for about 25 years now) he's got his own shop outta Huntsville, TX Here's his website if ya wanna have a look see. http://www.hollidaycobras.com/enginedrivetrain.html

MORE PICS (it was raining this year so not as many machines came out for the day like they usually do, but there were a few)

1st one is for you Ranger Bell

I had some avi files and tried to add them to my gallary account but for some reason I the gallary wouldn't resize'em and thereby allow me to add'em. All in all it was a decent display of 50-60-70's American Horsepower. Not as good as usual but if you're a hotrod fan like me, it was good enough. :wink:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Thanks for the great memories Bugsy. 8)

The last time I drove something like those was a high school friend's Thunderbirds with a "six pack" on a huge engine. Don't ask me all I remember was the color of the car and the sound of the engine with the
"tremors" under the drivers seat. VRROOOOMMM....... Those were the days my friend. It was 1977/78.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

I just wet my pants looking at those mustangs. Goddman nice!
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
Bell

Post by Bell »

Now, if that Cutlass had been Oldsmobile orange with white pin stripes......I'd have had to jack off. Twice. Then get up this morning and do it again....I had WAY too much fun in that car.

RLTW
Bell
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Wow, outstanding photo's... Outstanding thread. Outstanding day.

8)
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Bugs? Kinda partial to that red Chevelle? :wink:

Three pictures of it.

I think I read an article in Hot Rod about that one.

I'm a bit partial to the '58 Impala 8)
RSD 96-99
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Vee wrote:Bugs? Kinda partial to that red Chevelle? :wink:

Three pictures of it.

I think I read an article in Hot Rod about that one.

I'm a bit partial to the '58 Impala 8)
That and the yellow 34 coupe, the Chevelle 66-67 (Vee you'll tell me which year I'm certain "I think its a 66"). But it was nasty, that engine underneath was a 396 from a 70 Chevelle SS, and sounded like it wanted to whup somebody real bad like :twisted: ,

I took more shots but when cars are movin down the street and you've got a digital camera the time you click and the time it takes the shot don't always sync up right, so there were a lot of partial pics that I didn't think were worth postin. All in all it was my favorite day in Medford, and wouldn't ya know it, ITS SUNNY OUTSIDE TODAY. Next year should be better though, because I heard a lot of people wanted to show off there project cars but didn't because of the rain.

That Orange Goat pic doesn't do it justice, it was real nice, I was wonderin if it had tri-power under the hood.

Anyways my fellow Muscle Car lovers, you've got your fix for the day. :wink:
Last edited by Bugsy on June 19th, 2005, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div

chadrob30
US Army Veteran

Post by chadrob30 »

Awesome stuff Ranger Bugsy.....the greatest musclecar in history (in my opinion anyway, lol) is the '70 Chevelle 454 SS.... :shock:
Basic-Ft. Benning GA A Co 2/54 INF Jan. '92
D Co 3/5 CAV Kirch Gons Germany 92-94
C Bat 1-190 FA MTNG 94-1998
HHC 1-13 AR Ft. Riley KS 1999-2001
11B, 11M, 13B, 77F

Return to “The Mosh Pit”