Civil Air Patrol Airborne Rangers!?!?!???????

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Civil Air Patrol Airborne Rangers!?!?!???????

Post by SkyShark »

http://www.pawg.cap.gov/hawk/history.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page when you open the link?

UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!!
It's all good.
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

WTF? The Civil Air Patrol does good things for young men and women, and in providing valuable Search and Rescue services. BUT, that Ranger shit has got to go. It's a direct rip-off from the REAL Rangers. :evil:
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
chadrob30
US Army Veteran

Post by chadrob30 »

Glorified fucking Boy Scouts....why the fuck would the CAP need to go to a rifle range anyway? (see pics) Although I'm neither Airborne nor Ranger qualified, the Airborne Ranger patches on that page piss me off.... :evil:
Basic-Ft. Benning GA A Co 2/54 INF Jan. '92
D Co 3/5 CAV Kirch Gons Germany 92-94
C Bat 1-190 FA MTNG 94-1998
HHC 1-13 AR Ft. Riley KS 1999-2001
11B, 11M, 13B, 77F
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Amazing!!! WTF???
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Goog
Ranger

Post by Goog »

Not saying that it is squared away, but.......

You know it actually looks more comprehensive and harder than that ROTC Ranger challenge thing.
90-94 A co 3/75 RGR Regt (2plt/HQ/Wpns)
94-97 75th RGR Regt (Pre-RGR)
Graduated Ranger Class 2-92 "Merrills Marauder"
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

When I first saw this, I was thinking that hey what's the big problem? At least they didn't rip off THE tab with some look-a-like and the US Army doesn't have the exclusive rights to the word 'Ranger', you know 'Forest Rangers' and 'Park Rangers' and the like.

Then I read the following...

[quote]To this day, in the National Search and Rescue Manual, Air Force pararescuemen are first considered for supervision of ground search teams. “Specialized teams such as Army, Navy, and Air Force explosive ordinance (EOD) teams, Navy sea-air-land (SEAL) teams, or CAP Ranger teams should be considered nextâ€
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
RangerWill175
Ranger

Post by RangerWill175 »

They even have a "Ranger Creed"
:evil:

The Ranger Creed
My duty as a member of the rangers of the Civil Air Patrol ground search and rescue service is to save lives, aid the injured and protect property.

In order to do this I will keep myself physically fit at all times.

At all times I will perform my assigned duties quickly and efficiently, placing these duties before my personal desires and comforts. These things we do..

...So that others may live.
There are a lot of nice people in the world...I'm just here to help even it up.

Co C 1/75 1/77-9/78
SWCDQC - Combat Diver
Rgr Class 1&2-78
Det 1 Co A 1/20 SFGA 81-83
Co H 122 IN (LRSU) 89-90
Co B 2/19 SFGA 90-93

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alan-willett-p-g/11/643/83" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Oddly, I am going to disagree with all of you on this. My kid's in the Civil Air Patrol and while I wouldn't let him wear anything on his uniform that he hadn't earned or that was a rip off of ANY military unit, I have seen the pride he's shown in the training his squadron provides. If you were to check into the mission of the Civil Air Patrol, they DO search and rescue and as the kid's are older, life support becomes a larger part of the focus.

Certainly I would not want to see them stealing anything from the Ranger heritage, however it seems that neither would they as according to the same page that this was taken from was this qoute "In the early 1980’s the Airborne Ranger shoulder insignia was replaced with a Search and Rescue insignia..." Finally, to address the part about them being glorified PJ Wanna-Be's, I can see absolutely nothing wrong with a group of 12-16 year old kid's, being supported in their desire and support of the military, by the Air Force to do one of the focal missions of the Air Force, even if only at the level that kid's can do it... To me, as a father, a retiree of the Air Force and a taxpayer, this is one of the most outstanding community outreach projects that the Dept. of Defense supports.

USAFTACP
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Silverbacks next platoon of Rangers.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Son of a bitch, now that was just sad... Mean and sad... I am going to go and be by myself for a long while to just think of how in the hell I can even come back on that. Somewhere one would think that a height, weight standard would be implemented.
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's

Return to “The Mosh Pit”