Need someones quick input

Eight weeks of smoke, training & evaluation.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Need someones quick input

Post by Kingflutterkicks »

Well Anyways im new to this site....i dont wanna come in here and say im the baddest dude walking here like like ive been seeing.

But anyways to my question.....I wanna go through the whole Ranger thing, but i wanna get an air assualt patch. I wanna know if you get through with the whole ranger training will they send you to air assault school. Or do i have to go to my unit first and ask them to go to air assault school then go through with the whole Ranger stuff.....can point me in the right direction please...thank you
Glock

Post by Glock »

Kingflutterkicks, if you have a Ranger contract (Option 40), your training path does not include Air Assault school. There is really no need for you to go to it because you will learn how to rappel out of helos, and make all of those knots during RIP.
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Well thanx for the respose...Im just tryin to be double stack with Airborne/Air assualt on my BDUs. and I wanna know how can I do that before going to RIP. so if its possible can u tell how can i do that thank you. i really appreciate ya response

Signal Leads the Way(31U)
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Listen up kingcockgobbler, if you are more interested in badges than anything else we don't want nor need you in a Rgr Bn. A bullwinkle badge, get down you dumbass cherry. I got some input for ya my size 9 in your ass!
The Tool, RLTW!!!
rangerwrench
Ranger

Post by rangerwrench »

Hey Flutterkicks you better listen to Tool 175 very carefully. During my whole time at BATT I don't think anybody was sent to air assault school. R.I.P. will teach you how to enter an area of operations the real way (the Ranger way). Now to the more important issue. If you are already worried about how many patches are on your BDUs you might want to rethink your Ranger future. If you continue with that attitude, you will have a very difficult time at RIP and during your stay at one of the BATTs (if you make it). It is privates like you that make me really miss Battalion.
HHC 2nd Rgr Bn 94-97, Class 8-95
rangerwrench
Ranger

Post by rangerwrench »

To All, I'm not a recruit like it is stated under my name. Hey Tool how do you get Ranger under your name. and also how did you get your image (scroll) to the right size.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Welcome aboard, for the scroll go to your profile, then at the bottom go to avatar and browse the gallery the scrolls and tabs should be under insignia. To get the Ranger instead of recruit send a message to pneves, or the moderator and they will square you away.
The Tool, RLTW!!!
rangerwrench
Ranger

Post by rangerwrench »

Thanks for the help Tool
RLTW
Rgrwrnch
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

First off to all the people with the negative comments forget yall...how can u tell me that i probably wont make it, because I want a certain patch on my uniform. I just want it just for my own personal satisfaction...it has nothing to do with me making it through RIP, BATT, and Ranger School even though i kno thats gonna be an accomplishment of its own. Im gonna be a Ranger regardless of what anyone think,because I have heart. But I do appreciate some of your honest comments...it just makes me stronger negative or positve.

Signal Leads The Way(31u)
Pain is weekness leaving the body
Glock

You made a mistake

Post by Glock »

Kingflutterkicks, first off don't come one here and ask a question without being able to recieve HONEST replys. Those guys you just tried to tell off are Rangers, the guys you are supposed to admire and respect. They gave you honest advice, you don't need an Air Assault badge you'll get your training during RIP. Who cares if you have an Air Assault badge, if you want to impress someone, which is what you are talking about, just show them a Ranger Scroll and Tab. That is what you should really be proud of anyway. As far as them saying that you won't make it, the question you asked gave everyone the impression that you are more concerned with what you get to wear on your uniform than what you actually accomplished. Think about it, if you want to stay here, then tell those Rangers that you just tried to tell off that you fucked up but it won't happen again. There's alot of info that can be obtained on this board, don't throw it away over a stupid post.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

King Dumbass:

No one in a Ranger Bn is going to be impressed with your little air assault badge. If anything, it will turn you into a suspect as it is a low-speed school, not a high-speed school.

Air Assault School is designed for people who serve in the 101st Airborne Division (Airmobile) to learn critical skills that are applicable to working around rotary wing aircraft on a continuous basis. If you want to be assigned to the 101st Abn, I am sure you can get that in your contract. And, you can also probably request and be sent to Ranger and Airborne School from there.

As to Rangers and rotary aircraft, the only rotary aircraft we want to work around are those flown by TF160 or 20th SOS and they take care of all the technical knowledge related to THEIR aircraft. Rangers just go along for the ride, exit and unleash hell on whoever is stupid enough to engage them.

If you don't understand that being "Air Assault Qualified" is not a focus skill of the 75th Ranger Regiment, then perhaps you are better suited for the 101st. I'm sure it's certainly challenging enough for most people and I get the feeling that you would not be selling yourself short by going there.

Good Luck!
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Aight let me set the record straight...To all the Rangers on here...i really appreciate the advice. And if I come off as some sorry ass private its just a natural for me to defend myself from ignorance. Also I realise what you guys are saying about the air assualt badge maybe I dont need it, its just something i wanted to have ever since i seen my Drill Seargent that was triple stack(Airborne/Air Assault/Expert Infantry Badges) and plus he was a Ranger, and i look up to him so much that i wanna be just like him or even better. So i guess i dont the Air Assault badge but I plan to be a Ranger And I have the no quit Hoah attitude...and I plan to reach my goal. And if I offended any Rangers out there i apologize, I got nothin but respect for you guys, and i plan to be in yall shoes one day. I will appreciate all the advice that yall give, and i will take it to heart.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Kingflutterkicks wrote:... if I come off as some sorry ass private its just a natural for me to defend myself from ignorance.
It's kind of hard to 'defend' yourself from your own ignorance, isn't it? How do you do that?
Kingflutterkicks
Embryo

Pneves, thanx for the whole Air Assault break down. The 101s sounds good, but its not Ranger and thats what I wanna be. thanx for the advice
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Alright King you want a stack of badges thats your deal but listen, the EIB your Drill Sgt had is much harder to get than a bullwinkle badge. In Bn almost all 11 series earn that as a Pvt, whereas in the reg army most people don't earn that until they are an E-5. So do you wanna be highspeed, low drag or just plain slow. Remember all those badges don't keep you alive when the shit hits the fan what does is hard realistic training in large amts, and thats what you get from Bn. I think it is natural to be impressed w/ medals especially as a pvt, but remember that does not mean a thing. In a Rgr Bn it is much harder to get awards b/c in Bn we do not hand them out. As a pvt in Bn it was just prior to Panama and the only person in my plt w/ anything more than the usual EIB Jumpmaster badges, scuba scl etc was our PLt Sgt. After Panama we all had our CIB's Combat Wings etc but those were ribbons and medals and having them in all reality did not make a difference. I will say that your ability to voice your opinion is a positive trait, however all we are saying is that as veterans of the most elite abn light infantry unit in the world is to take our advice, it will make sense in the future whether you choose to follow in our footsteps or not.
The Tool, RLTW!!!

Return to “About RASP”