Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and congratulations for enlisting to become an Army Ranger. Make the most of the time you have preparing yourself for what lies ahead. Take advantage of the resources available here at ArmyRanger.com and read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Grunt
Ranger

Post by Grunt »

RTO wrote:What you need to do besides improving them the next few months, is learn what the term 'NEVER QUIT' really means.
Hughes17, congrats on the contract and welcome. If you heed what RTO has said you will find these two things are related. That is, improvement comes from never quiting, and never quiting breeds improvement. As this relates to your PT, in practical terms, it means push to failure. Do pushups until you physically (not mentally) can't push anymore. Same with situps. As long as you're doing things correctly, injury shouldn't be an issue. But when you push to failure you're muscles will get the most benefit. As for running, do something similar. During your runs, use the last 5 minutes to do "sprint outs." That is, for each minute of the last five, sprint as hard as you can for approximately 15 seconds, then drop back to your previous running pace (and no slower) for 45 seconds. Obviously, do this 5 times toward the end of your runs.

What you will find is that your body well benefit the most when at these points of failure. That's where the growth comes from. Similarly, it's at these same points where you grow mentally. You learn to say "fuck you" to your exhaustion and push past your mental barriers.

I started prepping about 6 months before ship date and I managed to score a 297 on my first PT test. You have the time, just take advantage of it.

Grunt
A co 1-502 10/84 - 12/85
CSCo 4-327 01/85 - 08/87
C co 1-17 09/87 - 02/88
RS Class 02-87

Return to “Introduction Archive”