Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Welcome.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Welcome here. I also played with the Paras in Pet, and Pembroke, and....

if you're in 3 RCD, we might have spilled some beer together. after I quit Rangering and started flying I spent some time in 3-17 CAV at Drum. spent a couple of weekends in Pet with them, and ran some through several spur rides at Drum too.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Recce By Death
Embryo

Post by Recce By Death »

I was with Recce Sqn RCD for a while, then posted to another sqn.

Got done with D Sqn (It used to be Recce Sqn) a few weeks ago and now posted to the tank squadron.

Loved my time doing recce, both mounted and dismounted and I hope to go back and get my old job of Patrol Commander for the next tour to Afghanistan.

I've gone to Drum a couple of times, but never did the Spur Ride...back was fucked up at the time and now we're heavily into concentrating for tours. Our OP Tempo is too demanding for anyone to go and actually take part in it at all, which is quite a piss off to the few of us who wanted to go last year.

The last time we were in Drum we had a smoker back in 2002 while training for Afghanistan and there were many there wearing their spurs and stetsons...were you there?

Regards
My reward will be measured by the lethality of my crew I will train and the battlefield damage we will inflict. Let others pay in blood for their lack of readiness.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Recce By Death wrote:I was with Recce Sqn RCD for a while, then posted to another sqn.

Got done with D Sqn (It used to be Recce Sqn) a few weeks ago and now posted to the tank squadron.

Loved my time doing recce, both mounted and dismounted and I hope to go back and get my old job of Patrol Commander for the next tour to Afghanistan.

I've gone to Drum a couple of times, but never did the Spur Ride...back was fucked up at the time and now we're heavily into concentrating for tours. Our OP Tempo is too demanding for anyone to go and actually take part in it at all, which is quite a piss off to the few of us who wanted to go last year.

The last time we were in Drum we had a smoker back in 2002 while training for Afghanistan and there were many there wearing their spurs and stetsons...were you there?

Regards
yeah, I was there. Got one of your Springboks on my Stetson...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
FIST TEAM LTR
Ranger

welcome

Post by FIST TEAM LTR »

Welcome Canuck.
1st Ranger Bn HHC 1978-81
A Company FIST Team
RGR Class 9-79
Recce By Death
Embryo

Post by Recce By Death »

KW Driver wrote: yeah, I was there. Got one of your Springboks on my Stetson...
Small world then.

IIRC there was one guy hanging off of Matt S. for most of the smoker. I don't suppose that was you?

Regards

:::QRT was here:::
My reward will be measured by the lethality of my crew I will train and the battlefield damage we will inflict. Let others pay in blood for their lack of readiness.
289sotherhalf
Supreme Goddess of Drive On/Moderator

Post by 289sotherhalf »

Welcome to the site.
~Ranger Wife~

"Love your enemies...it pisses them off!"

"Be careful whose toes you step on today because they might be connected to the foot that kicks your ass tomorrow."

"Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon."
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

probably was. I got my springbok off him on one trip to Drum. went up for one of your Change of Commands, went to the formal dinner, then went out and several of us ended up crashing at his place. next day at the Change, we all aboot passed the fuck out do to our hangovers...

I didn't want to put his name up do to Personal Security (PERSEC) reasons. we take PERSEC and OPSEC seriously here, just so you know.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Welcome fellow warrior.
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Welcome.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Welcome to the site.
Glenn, MSG Ret.
US Army Veteran - Ranger Parent

Post by Glenn, MSG Ret. »

Welcome Recce. My Mom was born in Regina so I guess that makes me half Canuck, eh?
Glenn
Former 2nd squad 3rd platoon A Co. 3/75 Dad
USNavy 1960-1966
USArmy 1980-2001
Retired MSG

Return to “Introduction Archive”