Upper body training?

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Listen to your doctor Kid.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
NateTheGreat
Soldier

Post by NateTheGreat »

Well my friend, Mr. Pelt was playing football one Friday night and completely messed up his shin. I'm not sure what the correct professional term is, but his shin went completely in, the stuff from the front was rotated around to the back, with a giant whole in the front. They put 2 plates and a couple of screws into his shin. For the first week or so he was out, because of the pain and crunches, but then around the second week or so, he was in the weight room busting his ass with his leg brace on.

My point is: I think that it would be all right to do something in the weight room from my eyes, just as long as you don't put any stress on your knee, but then again I'm not a doctor; you really don’t want to complicate the issue.

Id go see a sports doctor or a Physical therapist of some sort, I know for a fact, I tore my pectoral muscle this year, that they will give you a lot more lean weigh and are much more specialized in the area of what you can and cannot do. They will also strengthen it, making the healing process go along a lot faster.

~Nate The Great
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

FMR1944, Take it easy on the knee. Joint injuries with swelling are not something to ignore. When you are young and have the ability to grow back limbs and stuff you don't consider how quickly a minor boo boo can turn ugly. A couple of years ago I got a little boo boo on my knee while horse playing while drinking. This was on a Saturday night. My knee was a little stiff, but I sucked it up and ignored it. Two days later my kneee was balooned and I was in so much pain I could barely drag my self out of the bed and to the telephone. After I layed around for a day and a half I got a doctors appointment. To make a long story short I just bruised my knee, but since I didn't stay off of it it became very inflamed and I risked infection developing . Who would think that a little boo boo could lead to a life threating infection ? Some 800 mg Motrin and another day off from work and I was walking again. Two weeks later I was good as new. If a couple of days off from working out is going to fuck you up that bad then you need to examine your work out and see what the fuck is wrong. Remember that the recovery is half of the workout ! Break yourself down and build yourself back stronger.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

From looking at your avatar, I'd have to say that you don't need any upper body work. If your tits get any bigger, you'll surely develope back pain. :lol:
(I just had to do that...)
I'd take it easy, like the others have said. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Sacrifice yourself to the volcano gods. No Pain, No Gain.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”