Future Soldier 11x Option 40

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Future Soldier 11x Option 40

Post by Steadfast »

RMP-RLTW wrote:I suggest you read the FAQs quickly and fix your post. Read some other intros from other DEPers as well. You are about to get blasted... Report back with your edited post by 1600.

Go!

Ryan
RLTW!
proudlosers,
To edit all you had to do was re post your initial introduction - there is no edit button for anyone in introduction except Admins. Mustardseed12 sent you in a PM a few instruction to help you correct your intro.
Amazing you couldn't or wouldn't bother to figure that out. But seems that you have plenty of nonsense excuses ready to use with 2 empty posts before & after the 1600 deadline.
You failed the simple task asked by a Ranger Mentor.

It is not up to you proudlosers to give our Rangers new names. Each Ranger is proud of the name he uses.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
SLEDGE HAMMER
Ranger

Post by SLEDGE HAMMER »

proudlosers wrote:I would attend RASP and then join the rangerette brigade.
Yep, looks about right.
First Batt, Best Batt 09-12
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

proudlosers wrote:Roger Rangers. The avatar is simply a means of inspiration. I haven't taken the PT yet. As for taking someone else's option 40... It's mine and no one can take it away from me. You can say what you like and doubt me if you please. But I have unwavering confidence I will succeed.

I don't really care about you inspiration. Change the avatar or go away.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Wesley, if you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take pride in the fine young men who pass through armyranger.com on their life journey. This is an unusual website, because each member who has the honorific Ranger under his name is either a graduate of the Ranger school or served with one of the Ranger Battalions. Each one has been vetted and verified; we know who we are. You are a guest in our home, so don't ever abuse our hospitality. Before you post again I have several tasks I'm going to assign you. Read all the FAQs, as well as selected threads and stickies. Most questions you might have, were probably already addressed at least once. The search feature, located on the top right of this page is your friend.
When you have completed these tasks, self-administer a PT test and post your results on this thread. Also, tell us more about yourself, where do you go to school, do you play sports, what is your report date, and why do you want to be a Ranger?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

proudlosers wrote:Roger Rangers. My avatar is a source of inspiration. I haven't taken my PT yet. As for taking someone else's option 40... This is mine and no one can take it away from me. you can say whatever you like and doubt me but I have unwavering confidence I will succeed.
2 more items (for now):

1. Get yourself a avatar as instructed in New Members - Read & Heed (Announcements & stickies are also FAQ's) atop Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians forum and follow protocol of DEP selection. You are not off the hook yet.

2. your signature line: Every journey begin with a first step. Rangers lead the way!
- Only after you have made Ranger can you use our words - Rangers Lead The Way- you have to earn it before you use it.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Jasper
Ranger

Post by Jasper »

proudloosers,
I'm sure you're feeling a lot of animosity toward you right now. That's because you are.

You need to use rank/title where it's due, I may be a fully qualified Ranger, but there's still a lot of members that I will call by their title because I'm still a new guy in my opinion. Something that may help you with this concept... EVERYONE is a cherry (new guy). What this means, if/when you graduate OSUT, a majority of your peers are going to think they're BA, but someone out there's already graduated Airborne, so you're still a cherry. You'll go to Airborne, but someone's already graduated RIP/RASP. This concept will be true for your entire career. Even if you become the future Regimental CSM(RSM), you'll still be a cherry, despite everyone under you being more of a cherry than you. Here's why, someone's already been the RSM and now they're a Division CSM etc. No matter what, you're always the new guy amongst your peers, it's not a bad thing, it's just a mentality, you can always do/learn more and make yourself better. The point of this rant, you're the biggest cherry here, hence the avatar.

To build further upon this this, the other members are getting upset because you were given the tools for success (told multiple times what you need to do to be successful) and failed to follow them. This, simply put, is received by us as a complete disregard of respect or care in doing the right thing. We can only give you the tools for success, you have to use them.

If you want to hang onto your name, that's your choice, I personally would change it. I'll support my argument with a quote that is well known in our community. Basically, the point I'm going for here is using the name looser, you're already setting yourself up for failure. Additionally, this quote supports the Ranger hallmark as "quiet professionals" by separating the talkers from the doers.
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " - Theodore Roosevelt
One of your posts went in the direction of wondering what it means to be a Ranger, here's my personal quote on the subject. The point of this quote is that the mission is impossible, and we all know it. However, a Ranger will go to any length to accomplish the mission.
"If the Battalion Commander told an average soldier that he expects to walk out of the headquarters at high noon and the sky will be black. The average soldier will tell him it cannot be done. If the Battalion Commander tells a Ranger the same thing. There will be a thousand Rangers hanging tarps outside the building with cans of black spray paint to meet this tasking" - Me
End state, you need to read, and read again. We'll point you in the right direction, but you have to learn and do the walking yourself.
"Life is experience, and longevity is, in the end, measured by memory, and those with a thousand tales to tell have indeed lived longer than any who embrace the mundane.” – R.A. Salvatore

2/75 HHC Jan '09 - Dec '13
RSTB RCC Jan '14 - Present
RIP Class 01-09
Ranger School Class 08-10
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

You have a lot to work on with respect to your PT. You need to review the physical fitness threads and get to work NOW. Luckily you have the time to get there if you are willing to make the commitment.

You are still not capitalizing Ranger in your posts. Lack of attention to detail will bite you in the ass if you are not careful. You need to change your way of thinking and proofread before you click send.

The thought of loosing should make you sick to your stomach! As a new young private we would compete at EVERYTHING! I remember a time in Nevada sitting in hangers we had 10 new box fans delivered. A group of privates were instructed to assemble them. From the time the boxes were opened it was apparent that it would be a race to see who would get their fan assembled the fastest. Once a clear cut winner could not be established, a full on brawl broke out to determine the winner.

Yes, you learn from your mistakes, it does not mean you should accept loosing. Losers go home and losers don't make it to Battalion.

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You did not answer the questions I raised: Did you read everything I asked you to read and did you use the search feature? I see you have established a PT baseline, and you have a long way to go to meet our standards. OK, it's a start. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

proudlosers give us an update on your p.t. scores. Include pull ups you can do.

PM inbound.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”