Son QUIT RASP!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Grunt
Ranger

Re: Son QUIT RASP!

Post by Grunt »

PocketKings wrote:How did you unburn all of his possessions? That must have been hard.
Nice.

Awesome post, SilentService.
A co 1-502 10/84 - 12/85
CSCo 4-327 01/85 - 08/87
C co 1-17 09/87 - 02/88
RS Class 02-87
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

He ought to be close to graduating.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
SilentService
USN Veteran

Post by SilentService »

unfortunately with the breaks due to holidays he has only completed 4 weeks of RASP. this week December 17th-21st would be week 5, however the cadre has designated it a "zero week" (no idea if I have the term correct) as there isn't really enough base personnel to support their training. so he said he is still getting pounded in PT, then given gear maintenance tasks and are usually released by 1400 or so.

So his block leave starts this upcoming weekend, it will be his first leave since joining the military and being in his specific pipeline so naturally he is looking forward to shutting off for a week or two.

I think to finish up the last 4 weeks would put him at around beginning of February for a graduation date.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

I think a good gift to help keep him motivated on leave would be to drive him daily to someplace beautiful, about 8 miles from home, and leave his ass. Run or ruck, he can choose. :twisted:
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

RangerX wrote:I think a good gift to help keep him motivated on leave would be to drive him daily to someplace beautiful, about 8 miles from home, and leave his ass. Run or ruck, he can choose. :twisted:
This idea has merit. I had block leave in OCS and the day we reported back, they gave us a PT test. Fortunately, I had worked out every day.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Jim wrote:
RangerX wrote:I think a good gift to help keep him motivated on leave would be to drive him daily to someplace beautiful, about 8 miles from home, and leave his ass. Run or ruck, he can choose. :twisted:
This idea has merit. I had block leave in OCS and the day we reported back, they gave us a PT test. Fortunately, I had worked out every day.
Once upon a time the standard was an 8 mile run the Monday after returning from block leave.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
dbmtrman
Ranger

Post by dbmtrman »

nicely set trip wire, for a Navy guy, Silent Service. Your thread title had everyone looking, to see what that excuse was going to be for quiting.
RLTW!
RS 4/85
B Co. 1/75 84-86, HAAF
HQ 11 SFG (USAR) 86-87

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
SilentService
USN Veteran

Post by SilentService »

Ha thank you dbmtrman but I know not of these trip wire thingamajig things you speak of sir, I am but a humble sailor.

So i said exactly what everyone recommended about the 8 mile run back home, and his response was to laugh and say "ha unless you give me a 50lb ruck it isn't even a full effort" I swear y'all are all cut from the same cloth even after all these years!

He told me his training cadre already informed them of a day one PT test and if they don't improve in every single category they will be recommended for drop from the course. so again they have found a way to plant the motivational seeds for these super eager kids.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”