Heard at work this morning

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

LineDoc
US Army

Post by LineDoc »

I was walking through the hospital this morning and heard a dependant bitching out a medic along the lines of "But my child only drank a half gallon of it, he should be fine."

The medic replied, deadpan as hell...'Ma'am, your child drank bleach..that is not fine.'

Only at this place. :shock:
HHT, 1/61 CAV, 101st ABN January 2008-December 2011
USA MEDDAC, Fort Jackson December 2011-Present
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Heard at work this morning

Post by RangerX »

Should have handed her the remainder.

Hospitals are one of the best places to observe the spectrum of human behavior. You can see the very best of humanity and the very worst.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
LineDoc
US Army

Post by LineDoc »

My psych professor would love this place..the interactions amongst the staff is enough to make you want to claw your eyes out.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

LineDoc wrote:My psych professor would love this place..the interactions amongst the staff is enough to make you want to claw your eyes out.
Years ago I dated a nurse, briefly. It's been a while, so I don't know if things have changed much, but it used to be that hospitals were a hotbed of infidelity, back stabbing, cat fighting and just about every other form of social dysfunction known to man. And that was just the staff.

Did I mention briefly?

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Lunch wrote:
RangerX wrote:
LineDoc wrote:My psych professor would love this place..the interactions amongst the staff is enough to make you want to claw your eyes out.
Years ago I dated a nurse, briefly. It's been a while, so I don't know if things have changed much, but it used to be that hospitals were a hotbed of infidelity, back stabbing, cat fighting and just about every other form of social dysfunction known to man. And that was just the staff.

Did I mention briefly?
Wait a minute, I think you're thinking of Grey's Anatomy.

But seriously, by any chance that years ago, that nurse you dated briefly worked at Martin Army?

And if so, by any chance was she a biter with various things pierced??
No, this was after ETS, and she worked at a hospital on Pill Hill in Atlanta. This was before the days of Twitter, Facebook and all the other attention whore mechanisms. I am seriously surprised that most of the amateur shit I see these days doesn't start with people wearing scrubs.

But your nurse sounds much more interesting than mine :twisted:

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
LineDoc
US Army

Post by LineDoc »

Lunch wrote:
RangerX wrote:

Did I mention briefly?
Wait a minute, I think you're thinking of Grey's Anatomy.

But seriously, by any chance that years ago, that nurse you dated briefly worked at Martin Army?

And if so, by any chance was she a biter with various things pierced??

Sounds like the x-ray tech i'm dating. :twisted:
RMP-RLTW
Ranger

Post by RMP-RLTW »

I think scrubs are much hotter than lingerie. I think it has to do with the whole out of control thing. my wife loves it and frequently puts a hurting on me!!!

Ryan
RLTW!
B co.3/75 99-02
OEF Vet
Mala Malis Facimus
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

...any chance was she a biter with various things pierced??
Ha!! When I read this I damn near spit my coke on the computer!.. I used to work as an ER tech a local trauma center. One of chicks I worked with there (who eventually went on to be a nurse) and me were friends with benefits off and on for a few years... and she was a biter with various piercings! :lol:
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
LineDoc
US Army

Post by LineDoc »

Sounds like a trend to me.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”