Obama seeks halt to tax subsidies for oil industry

Discussions on the American political landscape and its participants, world events and defense policy.

Moderator: Site Admin

Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Obama seeks halt to tax subsidies for oil industry

Post by Flesh Thorn »

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is calling anew on Congress to end tax subsidies for the oil and gas industry, saying the nation needs to develop alternative sources of energy in the face of rising gasoline prices.
Obama said Saturday in his weekly radio and Internet address that he expected Congress to consider in the next few weeks halting $4 billion in tax subsidies, something he hasn't been able to get through Congress throughout his presidency. He said the vote would put lawmakers on record on whether they "stand up for oil companies" or "stand up for the American people."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03 ... z1pNLrpyBT
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Obama seeks halt to tax subsidies for oil industry

Post by Steadfast »

I thought the oil companies are American people.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

I swear I truly believed at first he was just stupid and that was why he was hiding his supposed college transcripts / degrees and only saying what he could readily recite off a teleprompter or cue cards. Now I am quite sure he's a traitor, hell bent on the total destruction of the US. As Dick Morris said this week, if he does lose the election he will launch a "scorched earth policy" in his remaining months we may never recover from. I'm more inclined to bet he declares a national emergency, invokes his new found powers under the NDAA and declares himself "Chairman" just like his hero Mao. :x
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

colt1rgr wrote:I swear I truly believed at first he was just stupid and that was why he was hiding his supposed college transcripts / degrees and only saying what he could readily recite off a teleprompter or cue cards. Now I am quite sure he's a traitor, hell bent on the total destruction of the US. As Dick Morris said this week, if he does lose the election he will launch a "scorched earth policy" in his remaining months we may never recover from. I'm more inclined to bet he declares a national emergency, invokes his new found powers under the NDAA and declares himself "Chairman" just like his hero Mao. :x
Look up "Enabling Act" ca. 1933
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
rgrokelley
Triple Canopy

Post by rgrokelley »

This ought to lower gas prices immensely!
A & C Company, 3rd Ranger Battalion 1984-1986
2/325, 82nd Airborne 1979-1984
F Company, 51st LRSU 1986-1988
5th Special Forces Group 1989-1995
3rd Special Forces Group 1997-1999
RS - DHG 5-85
colt1rgr
Ranger

Post by colt1rgr »

Lefty wrote:
colt1rgr wrote:I swear I truly believed at first he was just stupid and that was why he was hiding his supposed college transcripts / degrees and only saying what he could readily recite off a teleprompter or cue cards. Now I am quite sure he's a traitor, hell bent on the total destruction of the US. As Dick Morris said this week, if he does lose the election he will launch a "scorched earth policy" in his remaining months we may never recover from. I'm more inclined to bet he declares a national emergency, invokes his new found powers under the NDAA and declares himself "Chairman" just like his hero Mao. :x
Look up "Enabling Act" ca. 1933
Yep! EXACTLY! er, I mean "Hail OBAMA!!" :|
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"

Return to “News, Politics, and Policy”