Lead the Way Fund Run/Walk

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Re: Lead the Way Fund Run/Walk

Post by Papa84 »

Steadfast wrote:See you there Papa84. I'll be yelling for you & others around 8:45am. We start at 9.
Roger.
Ship date 20120207
Mentor: HakweeRgr
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Reminder as it is next Sunday, NOV 20.

Less than 7 days to go (hour wise).
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

It would be really great to hear an update on the event...Love to know how it all turns out...
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Papa84 »

Rangers - I've been checking out hotels in and around the Manhattan area but could use a little advice as I'm a cherry when it comes to NYC knowledge. Rates are pretty expensive for hotels in Midtown/Lower Manhattan; naturally, hotels on the Jersey side are somewhat cheaper. Would staying in Jersey be a wise alternative despite the commuting factor? For this event, and I couldn't find any info. on the Lead the Way website, is there some type of parking? For anyone who participated in this event in years past, I appreciate any and all advice you may have. Thanks Rangers!
Ship date 20120207
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

goggle: bus map nyc

zoom in see holland tunnel connecting ny to nj
You can see available areas where you might get a motel in nj.

When you go thru holland tunnel - head North & turn left on Christopher Street (less than a mile) then
proceed towards waterside of West St (at end of Christopher street is Pier 45)
where we will be.

Find parking in neighborhood. come early to park.
If you can't find parking be prepared to pay high rates for a parking garage if you do not come early enough.

Have you registered online for the race yet? If not (it is $50 + $10) sign-in fee when you get to pier 45.

I'm hiring the Staten Island Ferry to take me to Manhattan.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Would have loved to make it but not this year.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Papa84 »

Steadfast wrote:goggle: bus map nyc

zoom in see holland tunnel connecting ny to nj
You can see available areas where you might get a motel in nj.

When you go thru holland tunnel - head North & turn left on Christopher Street (less than a mile) then
proceed towards waterside of West St (at end of Christopher street is Pier 45)
where we will be.

Find parking in neighborhood. come early to park.
If you can't find parking be prepared to pay high rates for a parking garage if you do not come early enough.

Have you registered online for the race yet? If not (it is $50 + $10) sign-in fee when you get to pier 45.

I'm hiring the Staten Island Ferry to take me to Manhattan.
Ranger Steadfast - Thanks for the info! I found a reasonably priced hotel in North Bergen that, following the Holland Tunnel route, is only a 7 mile drive (15 min) to the race venue. I preregistered for the event about a month ago so I'm all set there, just have to sort out some parking the morning of. See you bright and early Sunday!
Ship date 20120207
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Any one planning on attending and has not yet registered, I have an extra ticket as my son will not be able to attend with me this year, so it is yours simply for the asking. I will have it with me & free to any one who needs it. If not used, the money spent already is still for a great cause.
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Check out FOX NEWS on this event:
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... rjB-T84%3D
BTY, my extra ticket has been taken.
Gary "28"

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

A few pics from the Run Down Hero Highway event.
Special shout out to Jim Regan, Sr for all he & his wife do & have done.
And memory to his son, Sgt James J. Regan who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
~S~

Pic 1> Isaac peddaled 10 miles from Brooklyn - then walked the race & at end he peddaled 10 miles home, what a stud.
Pic 2> Isaac (left) Steadfast (2nd left), garyedolan (wearing his Ranger Hall Of Fame Medal) & Papa84 (right)
Pic 3> Isaac (left), garyedolan (middle) Papa84 - young stud ran the race (right)
Pic 4> Sean (left) & garyedolan (right) stepping it out
Pic 5> LeadTheWayFund participants

(I think if you click on each pic you can enlarge them for better viewing.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

What an awesome day in the Big Apple in view of the Majestic Lady in the Harbor with Uncle Stead & Papa84 for a delightful stroll down the West Side Highway! Enjoyed the company of some active duty BabyRanger Studs and many Rangers of all eras, as well as many Duke lacrosse players and many West Pointers, to include the Army lacrosse team and many Cadets from USMA. Jim Regan is doing great things with the charity he set up in memory of the honor of his son. Ranger COL William B. Ostlund did a fanatastic presentation as the Guest Speaker & the gift presentations by artist Phil Taylor to the families of the three three fallen hero honorees, Ranger lance Vogeler, Ranger Thomas Duncan & Firefighter Kevin Dowdell, of their portraits was quite moving.
A grand day. Grip Hands.
Gary "28"

Papa84
Future Soldier / Opt40

Post by Papa84 »

This past weekend I was fortunate enough to be a part of this amazing event, and I couldn't have asked for a more motivating experience. Everything that transpired that day humbled me that much more, aside from providing an unbelievable amount of inspiration. Not only was the event itself a source of inspiration, but the people...no, Heroes...I was able to talk to and gain some valuable insight from proved this day to be pivotal in my preparation to shipping out. Ranger Steadfast and Ranger garyedolan, thank you. The camaraderie you showed amongst yourselves, with Mr. and Mrs. Regan, the West Point guys, as well as toward me (after meeting me just minutes prior) meant a lot. I'm honored to have been a part of this event and will carry with me the values it stands for in my own quest toward earning that Tan beret and 75th scroll.
Ship date 20120207

Return to “The Mosh Pit”