New Age Limit

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
goon175
Ranger

New Age Limit

Post by goon175 »

All,
Effective 01 April 2011, the new maximum age limit for enlistment is 35.

Prior Service pax can take there total amount of service days and subtract them from their age, and if this puts you below 35, your are good to go.

Example: You just turned 38 years old, but have 3 years and 129 days of service, you are eligible.

The Army is really tightening the belt on both people coming in, and soldiers already in (as I'm sure you active duty types already know).

This why I have decided to not re-enlist and try my luck on the stock market! :lol:
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
hit_it
Paratrooper

Re: New Age Limit

Post by hit_it »

Almost back to what it used to be at 34. I was still on numbers when they upped it to 42. I guess now that everything is winding down they don't need the older guys anymore. That sucks, but I understand the game.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

goon175 wrote:This why I have decided to not re-enlist and try my luck on the stock market! :lol:
Please don't do that, Army needs all the adult leadership it can possibly get. With the draw-down, good leaders are even more critical. I've been around several draw-downs and they are not fun.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Haha that was just joking, I'm in for the long haul, my wife is a type 1 diabetic and good health insurance is a precious commodity these days. I do, however, plan on reclassing to 35P and going the SOT-A route. It will be wierd making such a transition, but then again going to USAREC was pretty wierd too. Hopefully I still remember how to shoot a rifle after I'm done out here!
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
Manolete1973
Embryo

Post by Manolete1973 »

Ranger goon175,

It looks like I got in just under the wire.

I was waiting outside of the meps building after I swore in, and another recruiter informed me of the change. He said the rule was going into effect on 3/18.

If it wasn't for this website I might still be spinning my wheels now, and it would be too late for me.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

good for you bud
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Recruitment Process”