Diversity panel wants military to look like U.S.

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Diversity panel wants military to look like U.S.

Post by C-MAC »

Urges change to let women in male-only combat units

Pull quote;
"Hardened combat veterans say there is a big difference between a female MP exchanging gunfire with insurgents and the upper-body physical demands of an Army Ranger or Navy SEAL engaged in intense close-in violence.

“I believe there is a broad lack of understanding of exactly what direct ground combat is,” retired Gen. Carl Mundy, a former Marine commandant, told The Washington Times.
Read more;http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... k-like-us/
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
colt1rgr
Ranger

Re: Diversity panel wants military to look like U.S.

Post by colt1rgr »

Sad as it is, this will eventually happen just as the allowing fairies to openly prance around and the "Full Bull" (emmm hmmm) female types who have paraded their depravity for years in our ranks. Initially it will simply get good operators killed but will eventually evolve into the slow deliberate weakening of our forces until we are totally combat ineffective. God help us! :evil: :|
1st Ranger Bn 86-92, C Co, HHC, Bn COLT, RHQ 94-95 Ranger Class 14-87 MFF 05 May 88

"Life is like a drop zone, sometimes you just miss the whole damn thing!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

The commission said women should be allowed into male-only land combat units to “create a level playing field” in promotions “for all service members who meet the qualifications.”
so long as there is one standard, that doesn't differentiate by gender or age, it'd be a starting point. I also think that for Combat Arms branches, the APFT should have one scale, period. you can either perform or not, age and injury be damned.

so, a woman takes an APFT next to her male counterpart, on the same scale, she rucks a real ruck, she loads rounds into a 105/155, she pushes a breaker bar and breaks track on an M1, she stays out in the field until the unit comes home, without coming in early for a UTI or yeast infection, or pregnant, and it'd be a starting point.

parity with the civilian population? fuckers have to come to the door to get in the door. and they need to meet the standards to walk through. they turn the military into some police and fire departments, we're going to lose our country.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Troglodyte
Ranger

Post by Troglodyte »

KW Driver wrote:
they turn the military into some police and fire departments, we're going to lose our country.
True, but there are enough dinosaurs like us that this will not ever completely happen. As soon as we hae a war where our national survival is clearly at stake, the country will get as serious about us as they are about professional football, and allow us to do things the way we know they should be done.

Meanwhile, rejoice that we Rangers have things wrapped up so well that people can have silly thoughts like this. Paradoxically, it means the nation is not at risk.

Trog
Ranger Class 1-90
5-87 Infantry, Panama 1995-96
Advisor to 1st Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division (Iraqi Intervention Force), Iraq, 2004-05
508th Parachute Infantry Regiment 2011-13
Advisor to Maiwand District Governor & District Police Force, Afghanistan, 2012

US Army 1983 - 2015
Troglodyte
Ranger

Post by Troglodyte »

That would do nicely! :lol:
Ranger Class 1-90
Advisor to 1st Brigade, 1st Iraqi Division (Iraqi Intervention Force), Iraq, 2004-05

US Army 1983 - 2015
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

My idea of diversity

Now 94% more work safe-ish.
Last edited by RangerX on March 18th, 2011, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Troglodyte
Ranger

Post by Troglodyte »

Brother X: I think you can now remove the "in training" from your title...

Trog
Ranger Class 1-90

US Army 1983 - 2015
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Troglodyte wrote:Brother X: I think you can now remove the "in training" from your title...

Trog
You can never stop training.....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The News Dump”