Cabanatuan Raid Briefing.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Cabanatuan Raid Briefing.

Post by KW Driver »

AAR gives you nothing useful? how about AAR Army? I got a good answer in 5 seconds for the whole search process.

CONOP, 1st entry, as long as it took to type "CONOP' and hit enter.

"MFR Army" gives the AR for how to prep an MFR as the 3rd entry.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

Try AR 25-50 and DA PAM 600-67
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010
kclemens
Tadpole

Post by kclemens »

NeverSayDie,

The AAR format and OPORD are all in the LDAC TACSOP. I recommend looking for it on google; it is on there. Everything your cadre have asked you to do is in the TACSOP, and more. METT-TC is something you need to do research on. You do not use it to brief anything... it is used to form your entire mission, including sub-paragraph Concept of the Operation under Execution. (How you are going to flank the enemy, assault the OBJ, recon, etc.) And dude, think about it. Do they want you to write a BTN level OPORD for the 6th Rangers? I highly doubt it. You couldn't do it.

With all of this aside, you initially wrote you were assigned to write an essay. ROTC usually wants it in "army format", not college format. The army has an AR on effective writing.

Keep in mind this is for cadet land and I am only posting because we are both cadets. I googled "army aar" and it appeared immediately. You should try looking harder next time.

Good luck and if you for some reason cannot find the TACSOP for 2011 PM me and I'll upload it for you.
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear because I am the meanest motherfucker in the whole valley."
-GEN. George S. Patton

Return to “The Mosh Pit”