My Sons' First Letter.....

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Invictus
Ranger

Re: My Sons' First Letter.....

Post by Invictus »

Hayve wrote:Well its time for Graduation already. Me and #3 Son are packing up the POV and heading out on the 16 hr trek to Benning. Please feel free to advise on any "must see" sights.

He cant wait to move along down the road to Airborne. Any word on how that (rumored?) RASP to Ranger School (do not pass go) is playing out? Nevermind, just getting ahead of myself (uh....him). Cant wait for the warmer weather....50's is gonna feel like 80!

When is his graduation? I try to get to as many as I can. Shoot me a PM with your info if you prefer.
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Ranger Invictus,

My son graduates (to be clear, from OSUT) on Friday morning (Jan 21st) at 9am. You may already know that it is at the Infantry Museum.

The museum is nothing short of awesome. We made a quick trip through this afternoon since we
Last edited by Hayve on March 4th, 2011, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Rangers,

Thanks for all the time invested and tips in and around Fort Benning. We (Finally) got home and of course had to drive through a snowstorm from Cleveland on in. We took in all that was recommended and enjoyed it tremendously.
Last edited by Hayve on March 4th, 2011, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Rangers,

Hopefully I'll have good news, and a round trip plane ticket (that was the last time I take that *&%!@$ 16 hour drive!) in about 3-4 months.

Thanks!
Last edited by Hayve on March 4th, 2011, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Rangers,

Lots coming in the next two weeks!

Thanks!
Last edited by Hayve on March 4th, 2011, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Ranger,

He graduated Airborne last week and left for RASP this morning. I am assuming he is not in the class that started this week. Wondering what will be on the agenda until then......
Last edited by Hayve on March 4th, 2011, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

:twisted: There is something of an 'opening shock' in those first few hours of RASP that tends to eliminate those whose primary motivation is to be seen strutting about wearing a cool beret & looking badass.

It's pretty late Tuesday night, RASP Day Two, bet your son is having fun right now :lol:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Rangermom387
Ranger Mom

Post by Rangermom387 »

I remember them taking my son from Airborne graduation to in process for RIP. They smoked them for hours in 100* heat until someone finally collapsed. When guys tried to quit, they told them you can't quit yet, you haven't even started! Ohm the memories!
2/75 Mom
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Rangers,

Just got a phone call from RASP hold (preRasp?). He wont start for weeks yet, but as he says: "I am seeing what those in RASP are going through, I have my work cut out for me." I laughed because his greatest worry going in was that he was going to be let down if it was easy. ha ha.

He is ruck marching (6 miles) and also on lock down (maybe thats why he was in a hushed tone) due to someone falling asleep in the barrracks.

I am glad to hear from him that he is physically good to go. He had some minor issues with heel pain etc and he says he feels like all his preparation at Airborne (with some rest) will pay off.

Hanging tough!
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Rangers,

Thanks for helping him prepare.
Last edited by Hayve on March 4th, 2011, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

Hayve wrote:

2) Only 52 Rangers have died since 9-11.
Only? I'm pretty sure Ruth Stonesifer and other Gold Star moms, not to mention numerous men on this board that count them as brothers, would take exception with this comment. Being a father of a Ranger prospect, I'm sure you probably didn't mean this as poorly as it came out.

Just exercise a little more discretion in the future.
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Invictus wrote:
Hayve wrote:

2) Only 52 Rangers have died since 9-11.
Only? I'm pretty sure Ruth Stonesifer and other Gold Star moms, not to mention numerous men on this board that count them as brothers, would take exception with this comment. Being a father of a Ranger prospect, I'm sure you probably didn't mean this as poorly as it came out.

Just exercise a little more discretion in the future.
To reinforce this point, please consider the ratio. As in the number of regular troops KIA/Deployed versus Rangers. I imagine that number might be a bit more sobering....
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Hayve
Tadpole

Post by Hayve »

Roger that Rangers, not how I meant it to come out.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

On another note, keep in mind that the RASP Holdover NCOIC is a member here and has posted on this board in the last 24 hours.
I encourage not to post anything that would bring unwanted attention to your aspiring killer.
goon175
Ranger

Post by goon175 »

the Cadre went over to Airborne and told about twenty soldiers that they were going straight to RASP and skipping Airborne for now.
Really???
"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
-Theodore Roosevelt

1/75 2006 - 2010

Return to “Letters from School”