Introduction - Daniel

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

PFC.One3Fister
Inprocessing

Introduction - Daniel

Post by PFC.One3Fister »

Hello to everyone who has made ArmyRanger.com possible. I appriciate all lifelong memebers of the Ranger community who have given their service to our country and your time here in the forum.
My name is Daniel, I'm 21 years young and enlisted in the Regular Army as a One3 Fister for the next four years and some weeks. As of right now I am in the AIT stage of OSUT here at Ft. Sill OK. I am very confident in my Land Nav skills, I may get disoriented or mislead but as a FISTer I'm never lost. I do have Opt 40 in my contract.
Quick story on how I landed it: first signing at MEPS I received an abn phyisical in hopes of getting opt 4 in my contract, by the time I spoke with the counsler he said no options were available. I had in the back of my mind trying to negotiate my contract during DEP and volunteering for airborne school while at AIT (which I heard was always done). I signed and walked away because reguardless I was set on enlisting. After DEP wasover I went back to MEPS and a different counsler asked why I had the Abn physical but no option 4, I replied it wasn't available at the time but I am still interested, he said he'll look into it and walked away.
Five minutes later he walks back and said no 13f with an abn slot was available BUT 13f with Ranger was, and boy did I jump on that like white on rice!! I've wanted to be Airborne Ranger ever since I was a boy playing with my 12" WWII Army Ranger GI Joe action figure.
I have a HS diploma and some college units for completing a sheriffs training academy in 2009. Due to a weak economy I was unable to secure employment in law enforcement so my wife and I decided enlistment was a great route to take.
I am highly motivated and possess enough disciple for two. I enjoy training, learning, becoming a little better each and every day, as well as having a leadership possition. Throughout basic and ait I have been a squad leader. I own a Ranger handbook I bought from a surplus store and do my best to lead the Ranger way. I haven't finished reading it yet, but I take it where ever I go and read a page or two when I get the chance. I won't and will not give up while attending RASP and when I get the opportunity, Ranger school in the future. I look forward to the opportunities the Army has given me.
I will cut it off here, see you in the forum.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Introduction - Daniel

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome Daniel.

When you complete OSUT send me a PM & I will upgrade your title to: US Army.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your desire to serve our great country!
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Good intro. You got a helluva lucky shot, don't waste it - max your schoolwork and your PT.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

K.Ingraham wrote:Good intro. You got a helluva lucky shot, don't waste it - max your schoolwork and your PT.
X2!Earn this! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Ndog275
Ranger

Post by Ndog275 »

Welcome.

Have a good one and don't quit!
A 1/75 93-97
B&HHC 2/75 97-99
RS 3,4&5-95

This mighty soldier on the eve of the war he waged
Told his troops of lessons learned from battles fought.
"May your heart grow bolder like an iron-clad brigade"
Said this leader to his outnumbered lot.

www.75thrra.com
www.tacticaltailor.com
PFC.One3Fister
Inprocessing

Post by PFC.One3Fister »

Rangers,

Thank you for your responses. As an update for my status, I graduated OSUT, and now I am at Benning in Jump School. Half way through Ground week- C co. 1st/507th PIR planned graduation date of 25Feb2011. I don't have a clue when the next RASP class starts, but I've been meeting other joes here who are going with, hopefully I meet a battle buddy who is as fired up, motivated, dedicated, and damn near suffocated about going all the way to battalion. HOOAH!!
powellp
Ranger

Post by powellp »

Congratulations on graduating OSUT Daniel. Good luck in Airborne School. Stay focused, and remember, this is just one more step in a very rewarding journey. Never quit!
RLTW

HHC 75th Rgr Rgt RSD '90-'92
RS class 11-91
Lifetime member RRA #827

"Life sucks pretty good about now. I wish it could suck a little more" -me, day seven, swamp phase
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Good to hear troop!
You are tracking toward one of the best jobs in Regiment.
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RangerTee
Ranger

Post by RangerTee »

Welcome...
"War is an extension of politics by other means" - Carl Phillip Gottfried von Clausewitz - "On War"

U.D. for VII Corps LRRP, C/58 LRP, B/75 RGR for 75th Ranger.Regt.Assn.

Class 2-73
B/75: 72-74
Co.B,1st Ranger Bn.: 74-75
Div.Pathfinders-T.L.,101st Abn.
75thRRA.L.M.#1820
D.A.V. Life Member (75-current)
PFC.One3Fister
Inprocessing

Post by PFC.One3Fister »

Rangers,

I appreciate the motivating words you share with me. Ground week is over & half way through tower week is up due to the four day work week (a holiday of some sort). Give up, surrender, quit, and I'm tired are words that do not exist in my vocabulary. There are only three ways I'm going to finish RASP... I Pass, I'm seriously injured, or I die. And even if I'm injured- I'm going to drive on with the mission. I'm so motivated and ready, HOOAH!!
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site, Daniel.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
PFC.One3Fister
Inprocessing

Post by PFC.One3Fister »

Thank you for the welcome words Ranger CharlieRanger1FFV.
An update for myself.. I successfully completed the Basic Airborne Course, earning my wings. I was first out the C-130 door on our mass exit jumps and boy was it an adrenaline rush.. Almost too much to put into words! I wish I was in the sky right now. We were picked up by the Pre-RASP cadre the following Monday and here I wait- waiting for the next RASP1 class to start on March 17th. Patience is a skill learned in the Army, but I'm ready for the suck and until then I'm in purgatory. The flies have started to drop though. Those who couldn't pass a simple APFT, the unmotivated, and those who took a perfectly good Opt40 contract from someone who deserved it and just to quit here at Pre-RASP to get airborne school. It freaking pisses me off how much Ranger Cadre time their wasting because their not Ranger material. I look around in formation and see those who I don't believe are going to make it (lack of disciple, motivation, physical shape, or the look of a weak heart). Boy is it going to be a good 8 weeks of intense training, I can feel it. I've made it this far, surrender is not a word I will ever use.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Good SITREP. Please keep us updated on your progress. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”