Army Mulls Women in Combat Arms Units

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
RangerX
Ranger

Re: Army Mulls Women in Combat Arms Units

Post by RangerX »

Baseplate wrote:
rgrokelley wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:I guess you guys haven't seen THIS SHIT yet:

http://www.soc.mil/CST/CST.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prepare to have mind blown.

Nothing new. When we did the ACRI mission in Africa we had women deploy with our ODA. There were two. One was a dentist and one was a veterinarian.

And yes, during the four months there they had sex with about a third of the team.
Standard
disagree. Standard would involve pics/video.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

rgrokelley wrote:
Dreadnought wrote:I guess you guys haven't seen THIS SHIT yet:

http://www.soc.mil/CST/CST.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prepare to have mind blown.

Nothing new. When we did the ACRI mission in Africa we had women deploy with our ODA. There were two. One was a dentist and one was a veterinarian.

And yes, during the four months there they had sex with about a third of the team.
Was falling out of infil's also not new?
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Bottom line is that we need a tool like the CST/FET. This war is not going to be won with bullets and scorched earth alone, no matter how bad we want to do that. That being said, as for having women in the infantry, that's a big no-go in my book.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

The Holmchicken wrote:Bottom line is that we need a tool like the CST/FET. This war is not going to be won with bullets and scorched earth alone, no matter how bad we want to do that.
I agree with you, but with that being said, do WE need them? Or does the Big Army?
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Dreadnought wrote:
The Holmchicken wrote:Bottom line is that we need a tool like the CST/FET. This war is not going to be won with bullets and scorched earth alone, no matter how bad we want to do that.
I agree with you, but with that being said, do WE need them? Or does the Big Army?
We may not need them but we're severely curtailing what we can can exploit without them. We can be like the Russians and have the whole country turn against us or we can actually seperate the insurgent from his support base and show that GIROA is the better choice. This is not the only way to do that but it can be an effective tool in the tool box to meet that end. And remember the last SOF truth, most SOF operations require non-SOF assistance. This is an absolute SOF war but we need the Big Green Machine to execute it. You have no idea how much it pains me to type that.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “The News Dump”