Personal weapons?

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
MrWesson22
Soldier

Personal weapons?

Post by MrWesson22 »

Do any of you personally own AR15, M1A, G36, or similar style rifles? What do you have? If the answer is "a lot", what's your favorite? I'd really like to pick up an M1A loaded, but I'll probably end up saving some money and buying a bushmaster carbine AR.

Neal Kitchen
rangerbatt
Ranger

Post by rangerbatt »

Asking what weapons are good is one thing, asking what one has personally is another. Any way, why are you interested in an M1?
MrWesson22
Soldier

Post by MrWesson22 »

I'm asking what you personally have. I've been into guns for years, so I generally know the pluses and minuses of almost all the major systems. I want an M1A because I'm a rifle nut and I love miliary semiautos specificially (especially the 7.62 variety). There's nothing wrong with a 5.56, but there is just something more gratifying to me personally with a .308. I'm going to be picking up a bushy carbine for close work and plinking, but I like the extended range/power of the .30 cal foranything 200+ yards. A 150gr slug is carring a lot more energy at that range than a 55gr piece, and without the velocity to tumble beyond 200yds, the .223 just doesn't have much knockdown power.
Antrim
US Army Veteran

Post by Antrim »

I have a dandy little Colt Pre-Ban AR that I'm quite fond of. I also have a sexy black M9 bayonet for her, that I got at Ranger Joes in Columbus back in '90. I knew there was a reason I got that blade! Alas, I don't get her out often enough. :(
D co 4/12 INF - 1st AD ('90-'92)
A co 1/9 CAV - 1st CD ('92-'94)

Return to “Weapons of War”