Motorcycle safety

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Re: Motorcycle safety

Post by IEDmagnet »

JLTW!!! wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:Though I have assured her I am not nearly as stupid as I used to be.

AND you're lucky as fuck to boot.

A trend that seemed to carry over to my deployments.

(Ie...I got my nickname and I'm still upright and lucid to a degree.)
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

we have a member of the board here who put his 1000 into a field (couldn't hold the corner) at 160 I think, and walked away.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

[hijack]

Do any of you know the details of the story of the guy in 3/75 in the late 80s that got busted for doing some serious police evasion. In Minnesota I think?

[/hijack]
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

I remember hearing a lot of stories about bikes on 27 and elsewhere, running around from locals and MPs and getting inside the fence when Bn was on Harmony Church.

and when I was there, there was some jackass CPT that ran his vette down 185 and Dixie but missed the right at the airfield.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

IEDmagnet wrote:I have assured her I am not nearly as stupid as I used to be.
Oh nonsense. Between your accumulated IED hits, your attempted amphibious assault landing with a Harley and your customer base; I reckon you've blown at least 8.5 of your nine lives.
Have you considered dishwashing in a convent? Oh right, never mind. You'd be handling knives and they're sharp and pointy.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

K.Ingraham wrote:
IEDmagnet wrote:I have assured her I am not nearly as stupid as I used to be.
Oh nonsense. Between your accumulated IED hits, your attempted amphibious assault landing with a Harley and your customer base; I reckon you've blown at least 8.5 of your nine lives.
Have you considered dishwashing in a convent? Oh right, never mind. You'd be handling knives and they're sharp and pointy.

Yeah, you're right... I'm an idiot.

Oh yeah, you just made my wife piss herself cause she heard me laugh and looked at the computer. She also has decided you are right, and is refusing to ever consider anything else dangerous. :lol: :lol: :lol:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

"safe motorcycling" is a contradiction in terms.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Lefty wrote:"safe motorcycling" is a contradiction in terms.
oxymoron comes to mind :o
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

GoldCoast wrote:The reporter runs like a girl. I can't tell if the video is real or not, but it sure was funny.

AHHH... She is a girl.... that kind of observation I would expect from some on in 1st or 3rd, but come on.. your killing me here.
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Black 6 wrote:
GoldCoast wrote:The reporter runs like a girl. I can't tell if the video is real or not, but it sure was funny.

AHHH... She is a girl.... that kind of observation I would expect from some on in 1st or 3rd, but come on.. your killing me here.
Look, we all know you West Coast Rangers are used to seeing girls that make Sasquatch look hot.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/0 ... fires.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On a different subject altogether, this link from the link is a photo gallery from the Russian wildfires. Some awesome work in there. Great photography & a cruel, dramatic subject.
and a little light comedy as well; President Putin pretending to be at the controls of a Beriev200 firefighting jet on a water drop run. Even better than Bush II landing an S-3 on a carrier. Politico Rule #3: When ya go nuthin', try to look good.

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

The Russian equivalent of FEMA/Forest Service/BLM etc - the "Ministry for Emergency Situations" (МЧС), is as squared away as any anywhere, insofar as wildland firefighting skill goes; but they, like most other ministries in the Russian Federation, are seriously underfunded and command/control/coordination above the regional level was gutted 3-4 years ago during one of Putin/Medvedev's "reforms".
Still, they have a lot of resources, but there is little unity of command to apply those resources. Besides, this year's fires and temperatures are at a level unknown in recorded Russian history. The area that's affected is as large as the continental USA. We'd be severely challenged to deal with just the distances involved, to say nothing of the scale of the fires.

And to de-hijack and relate this back to the original topic of motorcycles, see Photo #30 in the link.

RS 9-76

GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Post by GoldCoast »

Black 6 wrote:

At 11 months into a deployment I am just happy to see a girl at all. Even on the computer. I'm gonna go watch the video again. :)
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”