Introduction-Eli

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Elias
Egg

Introduction-Eli

Post by Elias »

hi my name is Eli. i am a 21 yo who played football and wrestled in high school. i am in decent physical shape from that but other than hiking, skiing, and rock climbing i havent done much working out since high school. i was a first sargent and head of the marksman team in jrotc. i got a 98 on the asvab and am most interested in eod. unfortunately i have had a few legal problems that will probably prevent me from getting a security clearance for a few years at least. the only reason i didnt join after high school is because my mom was violently against it and convinced me to travel a bit before i signed a long contract. i ended up working for vail for a year and then going to college for mechanical engineering for the last 2 years. i dropped out of college with a 2.8 gpa but i can not justify spending this much money on something that i dont feel i am understanding very well. i found this site because i made the same mistake as rick and reserved an 88m with a Ranger contract. i am glad i looked into it a little bit because the recruiter told me i would be driving a hummer. i am going to meps tomorrow and am going to try and change my mos before then. i was wanting to get combat engineer or small arms repair but they are all full. i would appreciate any advice involving getting into a more interesting mos.

thanks Eli
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: Introduction-Eli

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for enlisting.

You are not on twitter and you are not texting please capitalize at the beginning of sentences and don't use abbreviations, otherwise a passable introduction.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

everynowandagainamembermakesapostthatmakesmybrainhurtthisisagoodexampleofoneofthoseposts
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Learn how to use the keyboard, lad.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Welcome to the site.

RLTW!!!
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and thanks for your interest in serving our great country. Please read and heed the ROE document I just sent you by PM (Private Message).
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Introduction Archive”