Random thought of the moment.

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

CharlieRanger1FFV
Ranger

Re: Random thought of the moment.

Post by CharlieRanger1FFV »

Slowpoke, we did almost the same thing. They were trying to bribe us to bring back live prisoners. We hit this NVA payroll officer & his gaurds in the bush north of Tuy Hoa. Blew the gaurds away & medivaced the officer back to the rear area to get patched up. Got a three day pass for this action, spent the next 6 days outside of Cam Ranh Bay in a cat house. When we got back, the Plt Sgt wanted to bust us for being AWOL & sent us to see the old man for charges. We went to the TOC & were sitting in front of Top's desk waiting to see the old man. Something big was going on at the TOC, officers were walking in & out of the old man's office. Then he walk out like had something important to do, right passed us. We looked at top & said what do you want us to do? Top said the Maj will call for you when he needs you, just go back to the Plt area. When we got back the Plt Sgt ask us if we saw the old man & we said yes sgt, we saw him ( we saw him walk right by us . . . hehehe). He said well what did he do, we said nothing! We could see the smoke coming out of his ears at this point. He then just turned around & stomped off.

Six days in a cat house, of which three days were AWOL & nothing happened . . . .hehehehhe
One couldn't do that in todays Army, too much spit & polish, we would go to jail for sure for the stuff we use to pull.

RLTW!!!
Last edited by CharlieRanger1FFV on July 27th, 2010, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silencium Mortium

B /1/504 82nd Abn 69 - 70
C co (Ranger) 75th (Abn) Inf, II Corps Rangers, 70 - 71 Viet Nam
12th SFG (A) 76 - 78
75th Ranger Regiment Association, Lifetime Member # 2776
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

C-MAC wrote: I have a friend in the 25 ID- Wolfhounds who was at Camp Striker and Liberty. Every time he IM'd me he was eating freaking Taco Bell or Burger King followed by Baskin Robbins. And you guys are picking on the zoomies? Sheesh.

I was in Iraq in '05, we got a Burger King on Striker right before the "Screaming Chickens" replaced us. Over on Liberty there was a shopping area with all kinds of crap on it. The zoomie post had the best selection though. I think it was Slayer that had KFC. I remember after a long mission my platoon leader sent a squad over to KFC, bought three or four buckets of chicken and the sides. They brought it back to the platoon area and it disappeared in a matter of minutes. One of my fondest memories. That was (for many reasons) one of the best Plt Leaders I ever had. He's got a company now...if the Army is smart he'll climb to the top. Good ole' "Gunslinger 6" (our call sign for him-not his real one).

Oh yeah, I love the Zoomies, someone had to give me a ride there.
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98
B/2/121 Inf, 48th BCT Iraq 05-06
B/1/118 Inf, 218th BCT Afghan 07

I'm not stupid, I'm crazy...there is a difference.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:
Six days in a cat house, of which three days were AWOL & nothing happened . . . .hehehehhe
One couldn't do that in todays Army, too much spit & polish, we would go to jail for sure for the stuff we use to pull.

RLTW!!!
If I had been lucky enough to spend 6 days in a cat house I sure as hell would have done something!!!! :roll: :lol:
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

CharlieRanger1FFV wrote:Slowpoke, we did almost the same thing. They were trying to bribe us to bring back live prisoners. We hit this NVA payroll officer & his gaurds in the bush north of Tuy Hoa. Blew the gaurds away & medivaced the officer back to the rear area to get patched up. Got a three day pass for this action, spent the next 6 days outside of Cam Ranh Bay in a cat house. When we got back, the Plt Sgt wanted to bust us for being AWOL & sent us to see the old man for charges. We went to the TOC & were sitting in front of Top's desk waiting to see the old man. Something big was going on at the TOC, officers were walking in & out of the old man's office. Then he walk out like had something important to do, right passed us. We looked at top & said what do you want us to do? Top said the Maj will call for you when he needs you, just go back to the Plt area. When we got back the Plt Sgt ask us if we saw the old man & we said yes sgt, we saw him ( we saw him walk right by us . . . hehehe). He said well what did he do, we said nothing! We could see the smoke coming out of his ears at this point. He then just turned around & stomped off.

RLTW!!!
Reminds me of the time we borrowed the Colonel's jeep (just like Hawkeye) and went to fill an 80proof request list for the other officers.
On our way back to camp, the MPs were waiting for us. We passed them on the road, and the chase was on. I said to my buddy, Brian
Casserelli, watch this....that is when I turned off the lights and headed for the wood line. The MPs looked for us with their searchlight
for a while, but our cover and concealment was good. When we got back to camp, Top was waiting for us. We got a very thorough
cussing, then he asked us if we got his order. Needless to say, the Colonel was already half in the bag and was just happy to receive
his much awaited order. We liked the old man, in fact we kept a bottle of Jack in the TMC just for him. He would occasionally stop by and reagale us with a war story or two.You are right....you just can't have fun like that anymore. :P
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Brook Army Medical Center

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

To give less than your best is to sacrafice the gift.
C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

IEDmagnet wrote:
C-MAC wrote: I have a friend in the 25 ID- Wolfhounds who was at Camp Striker and Liberty. Every time he IM'd me he was eating freaking Taco Bell or Burger King followed by Baskin Robbins. And you guys are picking on the zoomies? Sheesh.

I was in Iraq in '05, we got a Burger King on Striker right before the "Screaming Chickens" replaced us. Over on Liberty there was a shopping area with all kinds of crap on it. The zoomie post had the best selection though. I think it was Slayer that had KFC. I remember after a long mission my platoon leader sent a squad over to KFC, bought three or four buckets of chicken and the sides. They brought it back to the platoon area and it disappeared in a matter of minutes. One of my fondest memories. That was (for many reasons) one of the best Plt Leaders I ever had. He's got a company now...if the Army is smart he'll climb to the top. Good ole' "Gunslinger 6" (our call sign for him-not his real one).

Oh yeah, I love the Zoomies, someone had to give me a ride there.
Dude you were in the VBC before it became vogue and the natives were still restless. I had a family member that just left the 3 ID and his brothers had a tough time during that stretch. I am surprised they even had a KFC at that point.

Nice of the Screaming Chickens to come in and mop up at that point.

Oh and my old friends in the USAF called. They want to know who to send the KFC bill to.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

C-MAC wrote:Dude you were in the VBC before it became vogue and the natives were still restless. I had a family member that just left the 3 ID and his brothers had a tough time during that stretch. I am surprised they even had a KFC at that point.

Oh and my old friends in the USAF called. They want to know who to send the KFC bill to.

Yeah, Striker was still tents and etc when I was there. The hard shelters (once again) came with the 101. I was in the 48th BCT in '05, but our MACOM was 3ID (so a broken TV is what we got on our right sides after Iraq).

As for the bill, uh... send it to a guy named Barrack on Pennsylvania Ave in the DC area. Maybe he'll throw some stimulus on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

C-MAC
USAF Veteran

Post by C-MAC »

IEDmagnet wrote:
C-MAC wrote:Dude you were in the VBC before it became vogue and the natives were still restless. I had a family member that just left the 3 ID and his brothers had a tough time during that stretch. I am surprised they even had a KFC at that point.

Yeah, Striker was still tents and etc when I was there. The hard shelters (once again) came with the 101. I was in the 48th BCT in '05, but our MACOM was 3ID (so a broken TV is what we got on our right sides after Iraq).

As for the bill, uh... send it to a guy named Barrack on Pennsylvania Ave in the DC area. Maybe he'll throw some stimulus on it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chickens built the coop? That was awful nice of them.

Oh, and there is no way I am sending the bill to that guy. Everybody knows he's a deadbeat and credit risk.
If you want to be successful at anything, you'll need to develop a never quit attitude. Don't let life happen to you. Grab it by the throat and make life dance to your tune.
Ranger KW Driver
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

C-MAC wrote: Oh, and there is no way I am sending the bill to that guy. Everybody knows he's a deadbeat and credit risk.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

Emotions of the moment:
:o :shock: :? :| :( :cry: :? :x :evil: :| :) :D :lol:
Get over it....life is good. 8)
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

I have slipped the surely bonds of Earth; put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

I pay an arm and a leg for Catholic school just so my kids can read the Bible there. I'm not Catholic (I'm Eastern Orthodox) but I like the fact that my son learns about religion every day, not just Sunday.
Last edited by mortar_guy78 on July 29th, 2010, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
IEDmagnet
US Army Veteran

Post by IEDmagnet »

mortar_guy78 wrote: ...but I like the fact that my son learns about religion every day, not just Sunday.

x2 (but mine hears it from their mom)
A/3/505 PIR, 82nd 96-98

mortar_guy78
Ranger

Post by mortar_guy78 »

To express myself further, I don't think that prayer or religion should be compulsory, but the fact that kids are expressly forbidden to express their religious convictions in a public school is a bunch of crap. What the hell does restricting my rights have to do with preserving them? Seems like an oxymoron to me.
HHC 4/64 AR '97-'99
HHC 1/75 RGR '99-'01
HHC 1/508 ABCT '01-'04
C co, HHC 2/1 IN '04-'07
C co, B co 1/24 IN '07-'11
D co 308th MI '12-'15
7th SFG(A) MICO '15-'18
C co 308th MI '18-Present

Keep your mind in hell and despair not.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
merlyn
Tadpole

Post by merlyn »

mortar_guy78 wrote:To express myself further, I don't think that prayer or religion should be compulsory, but the fact that kids are expressly forbidden to express their religious convictions in a public school is a bunch of crap. What the hell does restricting my rights have to do with preserving them? Seems like an oxymoron to me.
There is a young woman in our church, who has actually been denied her hard earned degree because of her stand (and testimony) for her belief in Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior. We stand against dark powers and principalities that are far beyond our mortal comprehensions. This presence
of such powers has been on this earth, since before the creation of man. They have always influenced and effected the nature of man, thus, we
come to present day and your questions of why. The forbidence of religious expresion in schools, the restrictions of prayer and Bible reading (wheather by one or colectively) in schools and your question of why can a Bible be read in prison but not in school are all the products of man's
perception of the world around him as dictated by society.
When I was in college, I was an active member of Campus Crusade for Christ's Athletes in Action. I wrote an article for our school paper (The
Colligian) in which I shared my testimony. This article was responded to by a PhD in the history department. He scolded me for my ignorance of
man's futility to be in the image of God. His comment was that all this has achieved is war after war in the nane of all that is right and holy.
This was 36 years ago, and I believe that the years have leant credence to his comments. I continue to see society more and more turning
it's back on what is right and holy.
I appologize if I appear to be pointlessly rambling on. Reading your post just sparked this feeling in me. I will close this post by saying that
religion is man's attempt to reach God, and theology is God's attempt to reach man. Take care, Rangers.
507th Air Ambulance
21st Field Evac Hospital
41st MASH

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”