Reenlistment

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Re: Reenlistment

Post by K.Ingraham »

Prodigy, you set one heck of an example for us here, wanna-bes and BTDTs alike. Not many would wrestle with bureacracy with the tenacity & patience that you have. It's a good indicator of what you can bring to the fight.
Someday you might need the same spirit to do battle with the VA... :(

15 credits would be pretty tough to do in one semester if you haven't been in school for a while and especially hard if you must still work.
There is no such thing as too much or wasted education.Those who diss college are those who didn't get in or dropped along the way (sound familiar?). Take writing and communications courses - no matter what you do you in life must be able to communicate clearly and concisely. So, get this done, it will pay no matter what path opens to you.

Rare is the individual who arrives here looking to follow our path who earns the respect of this crowd. "ya done good".
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Outstanding! Getting so close...
We've been pointing others towards you as a positive example of "drive-on" spirit. Here's to you earning a trident soon!
Last edited by K.Ingraham on July 15th, 2010, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
oneday_I_will
USAF Veteran

Post by oneday_I_will »

Good job Prodigy. On a serious note Prodigy....I will be shipping out Tuesday to begin my own journey back into the military. I know that some people like me, being older and returning to the military, might take it for granted. But I look at your story and let me tell you something, it truly inspires this FOG to succeed brother. I can empathize with you on having setbacks. I had a few of my own returning back to service and thanks to the encouraging words of the Rangers on here and you Prodigy, I pursued it with more vigor. I agree with Ranger K.Ingraham...I believe that soon you will be earning that trident. Just like Ranger Bill said...luck is preparation meeting opportunity. Looks like you are making yours happen. Never never quit brother.
Company C/5th Battalion/19th SF Group (NQP) 2010-
309th FS Homestead AFB 90-92
79th FS Shaw AFB 92-95
65th Air Wing Lajes Fld. 95-96
78th FS Shaw AFB 96-98

"I will conquer my fears and succeed".
U.S. Special Forces Creed
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

SWCC is always an option.

Congrats on finally getting in the door! You have set an excellent example for everyone trying to go down this path. You obviously have the right mental determination, hopefully your physical condition matches.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and best of luck with all those things beyond your personal control. Let us know when you get your trident!

RS 9-76

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations. You exemplified a "never quit" attitude during this entire ordeal. Now all you have to do is keep that attitude with you the rest of your life.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Well, we see what you're thankful for today.
Give 'em hell Tadpole.

RS 9-76

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

We'll be welcoming you future sitreps Prodigy922. Just be the best Sailor you can be, nothing less.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Recruitment Process”