tendinitis...

Caring for the warriors: How medics contribute to mission accomplishment.
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

tendinitis...

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

About 3 weeks ago I developed tendinitis in my right elbow. I've had to lay off of the push ups, pull ups and what not. Is there anyway to speed up the healing process so that I can get back to training.

Any help is appreciated.

~Joseph
ChipOnShoulder

tendonitis sucks, here's the treatment.

Post by ChipOnShoulder »

1. RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

2. I know this is contradictory to Ranger philosophy, but baby it for a while. Get a profile for a while and let it heal up if it's too painful to work.

3. Work range of motion exercises every once and while, or at least twice a day(AM PM) if range of motion is compromised depending on the severity of the pain/injury etc.

4. Motrin if it is swollen, it takes a while for the meds to have an effect so take exactly as directed.

Doc Cook
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Thanks for the quick replies Ranger Doc Cook and S.W.A.T Doc. I will definetly heed your advice. I have been taking motrin to keep the swelling down and that seems to be helping a bit.

S.W.A.T Doc, to answer your questions, Yes I am nearly positive that my tendinitis was caused by painting with a roller at work and doing quite a few PU's before and after work each day. I had to paint the boards coming off of the roof so I constantly had my elbow above my head and pressure on it because I was leaning up against the wall while standing on a ladder. I know that the PU's didn't cause it, but it probably wasn't to smart do be doing so many during the time of painting.

I have not been able to see a doctor so I talked to my Brother-in-law who was a pitcher all the way up threw college. He has had tendinitis in his elbow a few times and I told him how it felt and he said it was most likely tendinitis.Also no, I am not taking Tequin or Avelox.

Thanks again for the help!

~Joseph

Return to “Medical Issues”