Charlemagne-Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

snafu
Ranger

Re: Charlemagne-Introduction

Post by snafu »

Charlemagne wrote: And as I see it, when things get really bad economically and the people begin to rise in rebellion, without fail, time and time again, the powers that are in charge of the government take the country to war.

Really? Please explain...I'm not seeing how the wars we've fought have been because of Americans repeatedly rebelling against the economy.

Rev War, War of 1812, Span/Am War, Civil War, Phillippine-Am War, Phillippine Insurection, WWI, WWII, Korean War, Viet Nam, Desert Storm, OEF, OIF....Now obviously these are not all of the wars/conflicts we've fought but they are most of the major campaigns. How were any of these a result from what you stated?

And just to let you know....your job in the military is not a guarantee for many reasons.
RSD, HHC 75th RHQ Dec 04-Oct 07
RCC, RSTB 75th Rgr Rgt. Oct 07-Feb 09
1/3 SFG (A) SigDet, Dec 09-May 12
RS 02-06

team 3 best team.
RANGER513
Ranger

Post by RANGER513 »

Charlemagne wrote:
RANGER513 wrote:One nice thing about being a " cop " ...............

As an officer in the Army, you will NEVER make as much money every month has I do ! 8)

Just saying.
Well, that depends. What state do you work in?

Given the current economic crisis hitting this country, I would not be surprised if public employee pay begins to take as big a hit as the private sector does. Quite a few of my friends who were on the job got laid off and they are having a very tough time finding work. Very unfortunate.

One good thing about the military is that you are not going to be laid off. And as I see it, when things get really bad economically and the people begin to rise in rebellion, without fail, time and time again, the powers that are in charge of the government take the country to war.

What state do I work in ?????? :shock:

ATTENTION TO DETAIL, WILDMAN !!!! Failure to do so WILL get you, or worse, another soldier, killed in combat. Look in the upper right corner below RANGER513 and you will see what state I work in, Mr. economic expert !

Public safety is always, ALWAYS the last to take ANY kind of hit, at any level. i.e. city, county, state, and if a hit comes, it is usually minor and/or does not effect the LEO's out the road, taking the fight to the bad guys. There may be some departments out there actually laying off officers, but I'm willing to bet that the officers getting laid off are not really missed out in the trenches.

In fact, my department is hiring AND we are getting a pay raise !

Ya see, tax payers and honest citizens don't mind that me and my brothers & sisters keep them safe, and it has been my experience that these good citizens get rather upset and angry when an elected offical even thinks about cutting law enforcement services. Officers in the military can very easily get R.I.F.'ed.

But what do I know...........I was only a Ranger in a Ranger Battalion for 7 years and currently a LEO for 18+ years. I'm sure you are much more informed on Rangers, law enforcement, the economic situation in America, the price of tea in six forgien lands, and the 1,674 moving parts inside an internal combustion motor than I.
C Co 2/75
1986 - 1992
RS Class 9-87

RLTW

" The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena............ "
FloridaMP
Tadpole

Post by FloridaMP »

Charlemagne,

Before these gentlemen officially break you off throw me a PM and ask me or one of the other LTs on this site questions before you make yourself look like more of an ass. Since I am not counting on this I will say I can attest to the descriptions by ZoneIV of what you will be doing as a Lt. in the Army and at a unit is directly akin to what I have experienced in the MP Corp with what is supposed to be a Combat MP Company(first as XO for 8 months and now as a PL). You are there to check paperwork and to give guidance in training(which you should be getting from your PSG and SLs).

When Big Army comes knocking it will be your Soldiers that are going to be pulled for every detail imaginable, then Big Army will throw about 327 surveys for your entire company to do with a 2 day deadline, and then there is the road commitment(at least for me). These are just things compounded with the extra duties that you will be doing as described above so well by Al_2ndWolfhounds.

If you think YOU will be conducting training than you need to realize 2 things.
1. They know more about this stuff than you do.
2. Even if you know more about it and have 10 years in SF as a WPNs Sgt like a buddy of mine does, if you are conducting training than you are taking away from the development of your NCOs. They teach and shape our young Soldiers, not you. A good PSG would veer you away from that anyways because you will most likely embarrass yourself in front of the platoon.

As I type this I am waiting for people from the Environmental Office to show up to do an inspection, appointment times seem to be more of a suggestion to civilians.
18th MP BDE
Germany
07JUL2009-Present
JustARetiredCommando
Ranger

Post by JustARetiredCommando »

Charlemagne wrote:I learned a lot of things that I can put into use when I am in charge of my own platoon. I think it helped hone my bearing, my public speaking skills and my ability to communicate points across much better to people. I also got some sweet letters of recommendation from the training staff and made some good friends.
It's good to see those communication skills at work. Your choice of Charlemagne as a handle let's everyone know from the outset that your ego is in check. The way you've managed to piss of the LEOs (without any real experience being one yourself) on this site in just a few short paragraphs really gives evidence to how finely honed your word-smithing ability has become.

If I were once again a buck private and had my choice of cherry 2LTs, I'd seek you out in a heartbeat. Your motivation is in the right place (you get paid more for being an officer) and your don't quit attitude (i.e. it's hard to get fired) would inspire me to no end. Maybe if we became pals you could show me your sweet recommendations from your LE Academy days.

Here's a little tip you can add to all those badass skillz you've picked up along the way. You'll learn a shitload more when you wake up and realize you don't know much of anything, let alone everything.

In hindsight, your handle is fitting. They hoisted Charlemagne up as a saint as well.
"Re-up, Re-up You're Crazy!"
<Insert 201 File>
B Co. 2/75 79-83
10th SFG(A) 83-86
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Charlemagne, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Let's see, at the moment you don't seem to be doing very well; you've alienated the LEO's, your peers, as well as a number of other members of this site. On the other hand, you have learned that this is not a site for a man with a fragile ego. Let me warn you that making the transition from EM / student to commissioned officer is not easy. You have to do quite a bit of soul searching now to get yourself focused on the mission and what you want to do with your life. In all my time in the service of my Army, I never saw a commander get relieved for his tactical employment of troops -- but I have seen officers up to Lieutenant General get fired for lots of other reasons. Now take a deep breath, focus yourself, and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Charlemagne
USMC Veteran

Post by Charlemagne »

Jim wrote:Charlemagne, A man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. Let's see, at the moment you don't seem to be doing very well; you've alienated the LEO's, your peers, as well as a number of other members of this site. On the other hand, you have learned that this is not a site for a man with a fragile ego. Let me warn you that making the transition from EM / student to commissioned officer is not easy. You have to do quite a bit of soul searching now to get yourself focused on the mission and what you want to do with your life. In all my time in the service of my Army, I never saw a commander get relieved for his tactical employment of troops -- but I have seen officers up to Lieutenant General get fired for lots of other reasons. Now take a deep breath, focus yourself, and never, never quit!
Thank you for the advice. And despite the disparaging remarks that have been made about me I appreciate them too. There is always room for improvement. In the grand scheme of things I don't know shit. I know that. But what I do know is that I miss military life. I miss being a grunt. I miss the friendships and being able to serve and depend on those around you.

Return to “Introduction Archive”