My Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

brent7890
Embryo

My Intro

Post by brent7890 »

Hello to everyone, my name is Brent, like my name obviously states. I'm 20, going 21 soon, a civilian with the goal of becoming a Ranger. Presently, I'm reviewing for the ASVAB (Most of the subjects in high school have been forgotten), and also physically training and pondering on the possible disqualifications. I don't know how to voice where I stand academically, but as of now physically, I can do 54 push ups, 15 pull ups, and run 8 minutes a mile for about 4 miles from 5 weeks of training. I weigh 160lbs and stand 6'1". I like to use my time for something worthwhile. I'm sure a lot of you already know what that means. Why do I want to be a Ranger? I want to be the guy who does the hard work. I love to keep busy, and I like to use as much of my effort as I can. I love Alfresco physical situations. Combat scares me, but an experience I deem essential and worth learning. There's only so much time, and all we can do is learn, so I try to fill it by learning as much as I possibly can. I've always been pretty physically adept over most common everyday people with minimal physical training. I stand for the truth as much as I humanly can. And a hundred more reasons for wanting to enlist I could detail that I don't care to get into and I'm sure you get the point. I found this site and am lucky to have because it's always nice to be informed, period. I know there are many things I can learn from you (everyone), and I hope you all the patience to bear with me. Thanks for your time, I'll address my questions in the appropriate areas.
We're all human, no more, no less than each other. It is worth loathing when someone forgets that.
al_2ndWolfhounds
Ranger

Re: My Intro

Post by al_2ndWolfhounds »

Welcome and thank you for your desire to serve. Extensively use the search feature.
RLTW

Active service 01/67-12/73
Ranger Class 10-68
2/27 Inf 25th Inf Div Vietnam 01/69-01/70

"In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks you take." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
“The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” – Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your interest in Army Rangers is appreciated. If you haven't already, you should consider visiting a recruiter to begin the process. Sometimes it takes months to secure a Ranger contract and more months before you ship. In the meantime, read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you in order to get the maximum benefit this site has to offer.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
HakweeRgr
Ranger

Post by HakweeRgr »

Welcome to the site, it can be very valuable tool in preparing for your journey, if utilized properly.
B Co., 3/75th, '91-'96 "THE" Token
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 93

Mentor to dbh (1/75), FreshMeat(1/75),Mata Leao(2/75)
Zach2011(1/75), Runna22(2/75), Papa84(3/75)
brent7890
Embryo

Post by brent7890 »

Thank you al_2ndWolfhounds, I'll try to not waste anyone's time with fruitless questions. Thank you Ranger Bill for the ROE PM, it was inspiring. Well written as well. I have read many messages about securing a op. 40 and how it can be difficult. I know the qualifications as well, and am always looking to correct myself of my erroneous apercus. I have spoken to maybe a dozen recruiters, of different branches. They all pretty much say the same things in regards to being proud of the branch they recruit for. Each one says their branch is, if not shy of, the best choice. I believe them, in their own personal preferences, that is the best branch for them. I cannot say I will get the most out of the route I go, anything can happen. I am just set on the one I want to take. That route is to be an Army Ranger. I still have a ways to go, and hitherto this point haven't taken the ASVAB. I've taken a couple practice tests. First test I literally soared into the ground. A 29. Pathetic. I retook it again a little later after some studying. I improved to a 47. This is still not good enough. Some of the recruiters were suggesting I take the test because statistics show an increase in score of 6 to 8 points higher.

I hesitate when they say so, and I assume my instincts to be correct. I am not ready. I don't want to unexpectedly pass while not feeling competent. I am putting everyone including myself at stake. I won't do it. I have confidence I can obliterate that test accordingly. After I get my facts straight. Verbal Expression for me is a breeze. It's the Arithmetic Reasoning and Mathematics Knowledge that shackle me from progressing forward. Then there is the GT which is basically composed of the same scores as the AFQT without MK. Then the CO score, composed of coding speed, auto and shop, and mechanical comprehension. I am trying to get the knowledge straight without cramming myself into lunacy (Meaning spelling out information in the wrong areas and mixing subjects that should stay unmarried). I want all the help I can get, I'm willing to correct myself in any manner, shape, mind, and body. I want to do it right.

I also have a minor physical flaw. I believe (I go to an orthopedist tomorrow to get the facts crystal) I have an obstruction above my patella (left leg) a little to the left inhibiting my quadricep tendon. The problem is simply this: Friction in the movement of my tendon over the bone (where the obstruction is I believe, I will keep you posted) causing wear and tear on the tendon. I've researched that, extended use in such a state could damage the tendon, and lesson the degree of the angle my leg could bend (from the knee.) I still am able to run 5 miles in the prescribed time of the ranger requirements (with more training of course). Like I said, I want to do it right. I don't want to go in with something that could be detrimental to everyone in my mission atmosphere down the road. I'm gonna get it checked, and if it's A Okay, time to kick ass. If it's not on par, then I gotta look at my options to stay on track. I run every other day in sand at the beach in attempts to avoid an injury, if such a thing could occur.

I can't think of what else to mention. I'll address my questions in the appropriate areas. You Rangers are doing a wonderful thing investing your time into the future recruits. We need all the help we can get, not because we're incapable, because we're always able to be mended to be better. I try to make this axiomatic to everyone I meet. I try to do it without altercation, by showing them, everyone can improve. Thanks for your time.
We're all human, no more, no less than each other. It is worth loathing when someone forgets that.
brent7890
Embryo

Post by brent7890 »

Went to the orthopedist today. I got it checked out. My assumptions were correct. He wants me to take an MRI to further conclude and evidently make a concurrence. Basically, what he thinks he ought to do, is trim off a piece of the bone that causes the friction. After further evidence via the MRI (Just to be 100% or close to it). Surgery, as you all know is very expensive, and practically out of my wealth. Practically, because anything is possible, but still hard to get paid for. Now I must address my questions in the forums to find out whether the army will risk surgery on a potential op. 40 recruit (Doesn't sound likely). I'll see my recruiter tomorrow as well. Wish me luck.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

brent7890 wrote:Went to the orthopedist today. I got it checked out. My assumptions were correct. He wants me to take an MRI to further conclude and evidently make a concurrence. Basically, what he thinks he ought to do, is trim off a piece of the bone that causes the friction. After further evidence via the MRI (Just to be 100% or close to it). Surgery, as you all know is very expensive, and practically out of my wealth. Practically, because anything is possible, but still hard to get paid for. Now I must address my questions in the forums to find out whether the army will risk surgery on a potential op. 40 recruit (Doesn't sound likely). I'll see my recruiter tomorrow as well. Wish me luck.

brent7890 - whom are you speaking to? Mary across the street? Check out the title('s) of all who have posted here besides yourself?

And in your previous post:
excerpt of brent7890 wrote:Thank you al_2ndWolfhounds, I'll try to not waste anyone's time with fruitless questions. Thank you Ranger Bill for the ROE PM, it was inspiring. Well written as well.
Time for you to STFU & re-read the ROE AND address all Rangers properly. Post less & respond only when requested or until you have search this site for your possible answers. I do not want a response - to see you address my Ranger brothers correctly will suffice.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
brent7890
Embryo

Post by brent7890 »

Ranger al_2ndWolfhounds, Ranger Bill, Ranger HakweeRgr, Ranger Steadfast. I hope this will suffice.

Return to “Introduction Archive”