This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

RedHawk
Embryo

Post by RedHawk »

Sorry about that. My avatar is finally changed. I would like to thank you rangers and others for all the help you have given. My recruiter is going crazy I havent taken the ASVAB yet but I promised myself I would study for 3 months before taking it and he still has two weeks to go lol.
In some ways I feel like I am being an ass but I told recrutier if there was no MOS's open that I like I would wait to join until somthing came open. Not about to take a job being a cook hoping I can somday be a Ranger. I think this guy is behind on his quota and doign anything to make it up. I am debating heading over to the next county and talking to recruiters there. Any suggestions? Thanks again for the help.

Rick
"Everyone make a major change in their life. It's up to that person wether it is for the better or worse."
Narrow Gauge RR
Tadpole

Post by Narrow Gauge RR »

My recruiter has been pushing me also. I've been feeling like hell allweek after fasting and pt'ing last week to get to the weight standard. I talked to him tonight and told him to back off a little and let me get this last bit of weight off my way so i can stay healthy and not injure myself. I'm itching to become a part of the Army but I know if I show up for basic and get to RIP in the physical shape I'm in now I'll be doing myself a disservice. I want to be highspeed and squared away when I get there. I won't accept failure from myself and I'm not gonna let this recruiter rush me into enlisting when I'm still in pisspoor physical condition.
...I turned down their dope. And I turned down their stupid trends. And the hippies always hated me, because they were preaching peace and love and I was loading a .44 magnum.
Ted Nugent

What's a fart? A turd honking for right of way.
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

My recruiter told me if you want the best odds of getting what you want as long as you qualify is go to MEPS at the start of the month, he said thats when most of the stuff reopens back up for people to select..
RedHawk
Embryo

Post by RedHawk »

If I go to the MEPS and nothing open I want but scored high enough for what I want, can I hve my recruiter call the MEPS once a week or so until a MOS I want comes open?

Rick
"Everyone make a major change in their life. It's up to that person wether it is for the better or worse."
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

blacksrt4 wrote:My recruiter told me if you want the best odds of getting what you want as long as you qualify is go to MEPS at the start of the month, he said thats when most of the stuff reopens back up for people to select..
that's because the start of the calendar month is the beginning of the recruiting month.

i tell my guys the best time is like the middle between 15-25 of each month. better things to chose from for them ad puts me ahead of the power curve.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Introduction Archive”