Lead the Way Fund's 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Rudy
Embryo

Lead the Way Fund's 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway

Post by Rudy »

November 15, 2009, at Pier 46 in Manhattan, the Lead the Way Fund will kick off the 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway at 10:00 a.m. (registration starts at 9:03 a.m.).

The Lead the Way Fund was founded in honor of SGT James "Jimmy" Regan (C/3/75 9FEB07 KIA Baqubah, Iraq) to benefit the families of Rangers killed, wounded and serving abroad in defense of Our Country.

The Run Down Hero Highway is organized by a few of Jimmy's friends from his college days who wanted to honor Jimmy's service and sacrifice, but also to do more than just pay the entry fees for various other LTWF events. This was what we came up with.

It is a day to get out and enjoy one more day outside before winter arrives, to raise a glass with old friends and new, and most importantly to honor and remember those that Lead the Way: Soldiers serving with the 75th Ranger Regiment of the United States Army. Walk, run or ruck...and then imbibe.

Entry fee is $50 (includes t-shirt and brunch)

After the run, we will rally at P.J. Clarke's on the Hudson, at 250 Vesey Street in the World Financial Center, for food, drinks and live music, as well as a special presentation to the Regan family by the American Fallen Soldiers Project.

To register, please go to the Lead the Way Fund website (http://www.leadthewayfund.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and click on EVENTS. This is the preferred method; we will of course take any walk-ups the day of the event.

Please spread the word to friends, family members and any others you think may be interested.

We hope to see you at the start line, 15 NOV 09. Rangers Lead the Way!

Respectfully submitted,
Rudy
AntonA2W
Ranger

Re: Lead the Way Fund's 3rd Annual Run Down Hero Highway

Post by AntonA2W »

Steadfast, are we gonna do this again or what??
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

AntonA2W wrote:Steadfast, are we gonna do this again or what??
Yeah, count me in. I might do some after the race activities this year. Think Mike will show?
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Rudy
Embryo

Post by Rudy »

Just a reminder...we're less than two weeks away.

Looking forward to seeing some of you up there.

Best,
Rudy
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Rudy wrote:Just a reminder...we're less than two weeks away.

Best,
Rudy
And another reminder: Jimmy was a member of this site.
Link: http://forum.armyranger.com/viewtopic.p ... 76&start=0

Wish I was closer....my boys and I would run it.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Rudy wrote:Just a reminder...we're less than two weeks away.

Best,
Rudy

How you going to find us Rudy? Last year there was a large crowd there.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
AntonA2W
Ranger

Post by AntonA2W »

we should come up with an obvious rally point, I'd rant out some Ideas, but I dont recall the location, it was a good after-party!!!
"...Fuck it all and Fuckin no regrets..."

God Bless Dementia

1/75, A2W, 11Jul93-18Nov94 (started day 1 of a 34 day nap)
Rudy
Embryo

Post by Rudy »

Last time...we're less than one week away. Just a reminder: we take walk-ups the day of the event.

The benefit to registering online beforehand is you stand a better chance of getting the t-shirt size you need. That said, we should have t-shirts for everyone; no guarantee on sizes to walk-ups.

Steadfast, come find me. I'll be in a green windbreaker with the LTWF logo on it, a camo baseball cap with the LTWF logo on it and I'm sporting a pretty solid beard right now. I'm also one of two co-organizers over 6' tall. During registration, I'll probably be wandering around making sure everyone's registered, got their t-shirt and race number, and everything else is going well. We've got plenty of volunteers helping out, so I should be available for a quick intro. Could also find me at PJ Clarke's; I'll be the one introducing American Fallen Soldiers Project for their presentation at 12:15pm. Either way, I look forward to meeting you. Anton, I believe we spoke briefly last year. Looking forward to reconnecting in person.

Thank you again, ArmyRanger.com for your support and allowing me to post here. Far more importantly, thank you to all the Rangers here for your service to Our Country. My friends and I cannot properly convey our gratitude; hopefully events like this make it very clear how much we appreciate what you have done, do now and will do in the future for all of us.

RLTW,
Rudy
Rudy
Embryo

PR!

Post by Rudy »

Just found out: Tomorrow at 1045, the Montell Williams show will interview Mr. and Mrs. Regan about the Lead the Way Fund. No doubt they'll speak to what our Army Rangers do and the hardships faced on the homefront.

Just FYI.

RLTW!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Looks like we will have a clear day Sunday, prolly 53 degrees by 9am- good day for us indeed.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
swagger
Ranger

Post by swagger »

I'll be there with another FF probie from my class, think another guy already on the job who was from 2nd batt will be there as well. I'll rock my ArmyRanger.com shirt at the after party.....
1st BN: Bco 98-02, HHC 02-04
RS 5-99

If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly.
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

My son, Joseph, & I will be there!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

AntonA2W wrote:we should come up with an obvious rally point, I'd rant out some Ideas, but I dont recall the location, it was a good after-party!!!

When you come out of either Lincoln or HollandTunnel, its located south @ Charles & West Streets, Pier 46.

I'll be yelling for you AntonA2W & calling you on cell. 8)

Funny, last year I called him on cell & heard it ring, he was but a few feet from me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
garyedolan
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by garyedolan »

Enjoyed an absolutely fabulous 65-degree, sunny day in NYC along with 800 others who attended or sent donations in honor of SGT James Regan. Got to meet AntonA2W, swagger, Rudy and my buddy, Steadfast. Best of all, I got to spend some time with my son, Joseph, as we all participated in the 6-mile Run/Walk in the view of the Statue of Liberty and the footprints of "The Towers." We may not have kept up with the entire Army Lacrosse team from West Point, but we made the entire trek. My son & Steadfast even made an appearance this evening on Channel 11 news coverage of the event!
Gary "28"
Co C (RGR), 75 Inf (ABN) '70-'71
USMA 69; RGR 4-70; RHOF-2011
http://oftheirownaccord.com

"Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be." Douglas MacArthur
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

& swagger came with another board member & fellow FireFighter, hogslayer. It was a very good day with the greatest participants, with good food & drink at PJ Clarke's. Met up with Rudy too. Gary, it was my pleasure walking with you & your son Joseph. For an old guy Gary you walk at a good fast pace.

My pace counter showed I did 20,242 steps by the time I got home, about 9.903 miles.

Link to wpix coverage
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”