intro 4 this crazy whiteboy

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

Re: intro 4 this crazy whiteboy

Post by Earthpig »

Ranger Bill wrote:The someone was you... But a decent recovery nontheless. Post again when you begin the process with a recruiter.
I think you're confused, Brother. That was Sledge, not CountryBoy. :D Sledge won't need a recruiter...he might need a reenlistment NCO....
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
countryboy7
Embryo

Post by countryboy7 »

i apoligize i took so long in posting these scores from my PT test ordered by Ranger Bugsy.

Pushups:50
Situps:59
(timed)2 mile:11minutes, 49 sec.

RLTW!!!
PAIN=LIFE
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

Jim wrote:Well, Tyler..... For your initial task, please conduct a self-administered PT test and post your results here not later than midnight, Sunday 23 August 2009. Your second task is to tell us what a "bolo" is. Never, never quit.
You failed to heed this objective. My instructions were to provide a "brief" explaination on why you did not adhere to your first task and comply with a directive issued by Ranger Jim in addition to posting your PT scores. Their were 2 tasks originally requested. You only provided 1, in addition you failed to follow my instructions. Before you reply send me a PM so I can ensure you have properly followed Ranger Jim's original order.

You have until midnight, Saturday, 5 September 2009.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

countryboy7 wrote:i apoligize i took so long in posting these scores from my PT test ordered by Ranger Bugsy.

Pushups:50
Situps:59
(timed)2 mile:11minutes, 49 sec.

RLTW!!!
OK, so now we have a baseline for you to begin working on improving your PT scores. However, you still owe us an explanation of what a bolo is. I expect to be able to read it in a paragraph that is properly written and punctuated. Thus far, I am not impressed with your performance. Please pay attention to detail and pull yourself together.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You can get RLTW the fuck out of your sig-line too.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
3rdBatBoy
Ranger

Post by 3rdBatBoy »

Tyler - i was cocky before i entered Ranger School...pissed off my Plt Sgt who was buddy buddy with the Darby/Mt RIs...i ended up "enjoying" the Mt and Desert phases twice. Take heed and you'll do fine - maybe.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Wow .....makes me miss the wild wild west days of ArmyRanger.com.....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

rgrpuck wrote:Wow .....makes me miss the wild wild west days of ArmyRanger.com.....

distant memories.........................he shouldn't you be slinging some 670dash0ne at somebody right now??
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
countryboy7
Embryo

Post by countryboy7 »

Jim wrote:Well, Tyler, a man has only one opportunity to make a favorable initial impression. So far, you failed. If you truly want to earn a place in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you came to the right site. We take some pride in the number of fine young men who have passed through here on their life journey. On the other hand, we also take some pride in the fact that we are capable of writing a paragraph in the English language. Apparently, you aren't. The reason we do this is that in combat, you must be consise and accurate in your communications. The DEPs will be along to take you in hand. They will assist you in your journey and apply a little peer pressure. Take some time to read all the FAQs, as well as selected stickies and threads. Virtually all the questions you might have are found there. The search feature is your friend -- I'm not. While we will entertain new questions and provide accurate information, most of the time we find it is an issue that has been discussed previously. For your initial task, please conduct a self-administered PT test and post your results here not later than midnight, Sunday 23 August 2009. Your second task is to tell us what a "bolo" is. Never, never quit.

I provided a free edit of your name for Operational Security (OPSEC) purposes.
Ranger Jim i apoligize for the late post on both tasks. I searched a few different places starting with ArmyRanger.com and finnally found out the military meaning for "BOLO". The meaning for bolo is to recieve the lowest possible score on a test such as recieving the lowest rifle badge. in other words Rangers never BOLO anything Ranger Jim. once again i apoligize but have no excuse. i will certainly be for carefull when reading to catch every last word.

awaiting next task,
PAIN=LIFE
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

countryboy7 wrote: Ranger Jim i apoligize for the late post on both tasks. I searched a few different places starting with ArmyRanger.com and finnally found out the military meaning for "BOLO". The meaning for bolo is to recieve the lowest possible score on a test such as recieving the lowest rifle badge. in other words Rangers never BOLO anything Ranger Jim. once again i apoligize but have no excuse. i will certainly be for carefull when reading to catch every last word.

awaiting next task,
I think what you meant to say was:
Ranger Jim, I apologize for the late post on both tasks. I searched a few different places starting with ArmyRanger.com and finally found out the military meaning for "BOLO". The meaning for bolo is to receive the lowest possible score on a test such as receiving the lowest rifle badge. In other words Rangers never BOLO anything. Once again I apologize but have no excuse. I will certainly be more careful when reading to catch every last word.

Awaiting next task.

An apology is not required. Attention to detail is required. While you got the point about the term Bolo, you failed to report it back in a properly constructed paragraph. Please do pushups until Ranger Bugsy gets tired.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
countryboy7
Embryo

Post by countryboy7 »

Yes Ranger Jim. Dont stop until Ranger Bugsy gets tired.
PAIN=LIFE
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I don't seem to feel tired, (though I'm having flashback thoughts of the Mogan Team tag teaming each other on the PT stand while we're all doing pushups). However you may recover young padwan. Next time get it right and get it right on time.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, now that Ranger Bugsy is feeling generous, please explain to us, in about 250 words, why you think you ought to be a member of the 75th Ranger Regiment. I want your thoughts and insights. I do not want to see something cut and pasted from elsewhere. Please post your response here not later than midnight Tuesday15 September 2009. For this exercise, I want you to think and not just give me an off the cuff reply tomorrow afternoon. This is a life-changing decision that ought to be seriously pondered. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
countryboy7
Embryo

Post by countryboy7 »

Ever since I was a kid in elementary school I had a strong urge to become a soldier. I have wanted to do a good number of things over the years till now, but no matter what job ive had, or desired I still wanted to be a soldier. Then I thought to myself, if I strive to be better in football and MMA why should I settle for becoming just a soldier. Being a soldier is something to be proud of, but almost anyone can push themselves to be a soldier. I need more than that. Rangers are the elite. They train harder, run faster, carry more, and go farther.
If I can push myself past the limits I know I could earn the title United States Army Ranger. I want to be more than excellent, and go past perfection. The Rangers could give me both, and would expect nothing less from me. I know that the Army isnt like the movies. Its real life, and there will always be real bullets fired, and good lives taken. Im 100% aware of the risk I would take to protect this country. I still want nothing more than to become a Ranger. I want to become a Ranger because they are expected to do things that not many people in the world could ever do. I know that it is not something I can just do with ease but im ready to work and do more than what it takes to be called a Ranger.

Tyler.
PAIN=LIFE

Return to “Introduction Archive”