Introduction: Joe

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

hecklemykoch
Embryo

Introduction: Joe

Post by hecklemykoch »

Hello Rangers. I would like to thank you for the opportunity to gather a wealth of information and communicate with Rangers via this community. I am a 22 year old high school graduate who did not attend college until the age of 20, as I played junior hockey in the NE and Canada. My hockey career ended abruptly due to a ruptured spleen suffered in a prospect tournament. I spent a few semesters in college. Most of the time in college was spent gathering information about various opportunities available in the military. More specifically, Special Operations.

In April, the night before I was set to go to MEPS to complete medical and sign an 18x contract, I was informed that asplenic soldiers are disqualified from initial Special Forces training, as per Army Regulation. The recruiters worked their tails off, and were able to secure me an 11x Option 40 contract, when none were showing on the database.

Instead of taking the Option 40 (yes, I had an Option 40 and foolishly didn't sign), I decided to inquire about the Navy's SEAL Challenge. I took their Pre-Screening test and passed. When I got back to the Naval office, they took a look at my eyesight in the medical records and informed me I was disqualified, as it is slightly worse than the 70/20 limit.

I, then, inquired about Marine reconnaissance.

I swore into the Marine Corps in late May. Since then, the Marines have not been able to secure me a UZ contract, so I asked that I be transfered to the Army, as soon as possible.

This brings me to today.

I am unable to speak with my former Army recruiter until I am fully released from the Marine DEP. I was told I should be released by the end of this month. The paperwork was sent yesterday (Thurs.).

I am more than hoping to sit down with my former recruiter and first, apologize for having them go the extra mile to dig up an Option 40, only to have me walk away. Secondly, to see if I can secure the 11x Option 40 once again.

As aforementioned, I have put a great deal of thought into my final decision. I want to be a Ranger. I want to be a part of, and contribute in any and every capacity possible, the most elite light-infantry SOF on the planet.

As of right now, my self-conducted PT test is as follows: Push Ups: 71. Sit Ups: 83. 2 Mi. Run: 12:19

My ASVAB score is 79 with a GT of 122.

I look forward to learning everything I possibly can.

Thank you for your time, Rangers.
hecklemykoch
Embryo

Re: Introduction: Joe

Post by hecklemykoch »

Rangers,

I should clarify that my decision to transfer from the Marines to the Army was not solely based on the fact that I could not secure a UZ (reconnaissance) contract. While in the Marine DEP, I had even more time to mull over my decisions I had made up to that point, and had a gut feeling I was making the wrong decision. I didn't "settle" on a decision to, once again, pursue an 11x Option 40. Rather, I see it as me being ignorant in not educating myself completely. I see it as pursuing a greater challenge, when compared to Marine reconnaissance, and that is why I made the changes I feel had to be made. In other words, I should have taken the 11x Option 40 in the first place.

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

You're an indeliberate, wishy-washy little prick.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
hecklemykoch
Embryo

Post by hecklemykoch »

Ranger Kilted Heathen,

I apologize. What did I say, or do?

Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome to the site. Ranger Kilted Heathen has merely pointed out that you seem to always be changing your mind: SF, Ranger, SEAL, Marine Recon, and back to Ranger. I had the same thought when reading your intro. In order to take advantage of what this site can offer, be sure to read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
hecklemykoch
Embryo

Post by hecklemykoch »

Ranger Kilted Heathen and Ranger Bill,

I understand, and I agree. Even though I had done some research about SOF in the past, it wasn't enough. I was making uneducated, immature decisions. Especially making a commitment, and quitting. Which is exactly what I did, and I am not proud of it.

I have been reading this website for months now, which greatly influenced my decision. I am certain that I want to be afforded the opportunity to become a Ranger. I will not be changing my stance.

I will be signing nothing but an 11x Option 40 contract. I will work harder than I ever knew I could in order to achieve my goal.

Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and too would suggest that you need to settle on a goal or how the hell are you going to know when you get there?
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
hecklemykoch
Embryo

Post by hecklemykoch »

Roger, Ranger Ron and Ranger ..

I have set my goal, and will not quit.

I will open my eyes and ears, and shut my mouth.

LEROY
Ranger

Post by LEROY »

Calm down H"m"K, Ranger Kilted Heathen is normally a very nice a generous Ranger. He always gave go's just for trying your best. Just send him a PM and show your respect for the Queen. i.e. "Long Live The Queen" And all will be forgiven.
H Co 121st LRS 00-14
RS Class 07-09
ARNG-WTC Schools NCO

Return to “Introduction Archive”