Colin Powell opens Ft. Benning museum

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
allmylife
Tadpole

Colin Powell opens Ft. Benning museum

Post by allmylife »

FORT BENNING, Ga. (AP) - The National Infantry Museum at Patriot Park has officially opened, with retired Gen. Colin Powell speaking at the grand opening.

The four-star general and former secretary of state joined other dignitaries Friday at the $107 million, 190,000-square-foot museum honoring the 234-year history of the U.S. Army Infantry.

The building contains a 13,000-square-foot hall with six galleries covering battles from the Revolutionary War to Iraq. Outside, Gen. George Patton's original office and sleeping quarters are found on World War II Street, which also displays 1940s barracks, mess hall and other buildings moved from their original locations on Fort Benning.
Story
Museum Website

It looks great from what I have seen on the news so far. But I think im gonna wait about 2 weeks before I go so I can take my time and not deal with big crowds.
Operation Enduring Freedom (OCT 09 -AUG 10)
allmylife
Tadpole

Re: Colin Powell opens Ft. Benning museum

Post by allmylife »

I remember my grandfather taking me to the old museum growing up. For some reason I had more fun at a place like that then I did at Disney...
Operation Enduring Freedom (OCT 09 -AUG 10)

Return to “The News Dump”