I saw this when they did it on Nitro circus
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Re: Cool freefall

Post by KW Driver »

yeah... I guess I'm getting old, cause I saw that on Nitro too and all I could think is maybe you're a little too comfortable, maybe a touch overconfident. because for me, I can't mitigate that risk low enough to accept it, no chute. as cool as it looks, jumping no chute is too stupid, too risky. for me.

and I thought, there is no fucking way I would even fly that bird to put them out. there have been some other flight stunts, where I just shook my head and said, nope, can't convince me to fly that for you. and I'm not the smartest monkey in this flying game either.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I wonder if that's the kind of jump LRRP/Ranger Steadfast has in mind for Rendezvous?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

KW Driver wrote:yeah... I guess I'm getting old, cause I saw that on Nitro too and all I could think is maybe you're a little too comfortable, maybe a touch overconfident. because for me, I can't mitigate that risk low enough to accept it, no chute. as cool as it looks, jumping no chute is too stupid, too risky. for me.
So you are saying the Jumpers with parachutes and jumpers without parachutes are not equal?

Just busting nuts.

You know that his heart was racing, because the hook up took a little longer than I thought it should.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Sharky
Ranger

Post by Sharky »

Im guessing this is the video of Travis Pastrana trying to kill himself again? If so, they kicked him out of the USPA over it. There's a fine line between hard and stupid.

There's another video of Luigi Cani flying a 37 sq ft square canopy. His rate of descent under canopy is the same as someone in freefall in a wing suit. Crazy shit. One very small mistake in judgement and he is a dead man.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Sharky on June 10th, 2009, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
A/3/75, 3rd PLT/Wpns Sqd/ Gun 1//87-89
HHC 4th RTB, Merrills Team/Gulag//89-91
SOCNET Administrator
Mentor to "Buck"

F.I.D.O.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Sharky wrote:Im guessing this is the video of Travis Pastrana trying to kill himself again?

Yes it is...it's a nice break from him trying to back flip EVERYTHING!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Granite
Embryo

Post by Granite »

The guy in the first link is not Travis Pastrana, it is Scott Palmer in Jackass 3. Travis Pastrana did a similar stunt for Red Bull though.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Ranger Bill wrote:I wonder if that's the kind of jump LRRP/Ranger Steadfast has in mind for Rendezvous?

No way Jose.

It's prolly 39+ years since my last jump. I'm doing it like George Bush Senior (88 years old) did recently (today or yesterday).
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “The Mosh Pit”