Gay Pride party at the USEMB Baghdad (this is not a joke)

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Nomad
Ranger

Gay Pride party at the USEMB Baghdad (this is not a joke)

Post by Nomad »

A U.S. Embassy in a Muslim country has sponsored an event to celebrate the homosexual lifestyle.

Last night the U.S. Embassy in Iraq held a "Gay Pride Theme Party" at a pub called Baghdaddy's. Embassy employees were encouraged to attend the Baghdad event dressed in drag or as a homosexual icon.

Peter LaBarbera, president of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, says homosexual activism at U.S. embassies was prevalent during the Bush administration, but it has gone a step further under the Obama administration.

Link

I have to admit, I am completely speechless.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Gay Pride party at the USEMB Baghdad (this is not a joke)

Post by Jim »

Again we can conclude that: "You can't make this shit up."
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

I will take from the 37 views and only one reply that most of us are completely baffled and disgusted by it.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Nomad wrote:I will take from the 37 views and only one reply that most of us are completely baffled and disgusted by it.
I viewed it and thought about replying but...I find this very difficult to believe simply by the statement of "Muslims are offended by homosexuality"??? Whoever wrote this thing hasn't spent a minute in the Middle East.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

So you are saying you finally got to wear your white shoes? :wink:
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Silverback wrote:
Nomad wrote:I will take from the 37 views and only one reply that most of us are completely baffled and disgusted by it.
I viewed it and thought about replying but...I find this very difficult to believe simply by the statement of "Muslims are offended by homosexuality"??? Whoever wrote this thing hasn't spent a minute in the Middle East.
That was one of the things that made the rounds here. I think the big issue I take in can easily be summed up by the letter my old man wrote the editor:
Dear Kristia,

Your article triggered emotions ranging from disgust to despair. I was a Navy officer, (Russian linguist) on active duty in submarines and Willy Victors from 1959 - 1965. My brothers served in the Air Force and Army, respectively. My father and all my uncles served in the US Army during WWI and, more recently, my son in a US Army Ranger Battalion.

It is insulting to the history of the United States military and its fighting men to allow an official building and, by implication the US government, to host a celebration of what can be generously termed in bad taste, and more critically, depravity. My wife, whose family's decorations include a Medaille Militaire and Croix de Guerre, was too upset even to finish your article.

President Obama - a non-military man - is sanctioning activities which can only hasten the moral decline of our nation, and subject us to the ridicule of the world with a concomitant loss of respect and further danger to the men on the front line.

Thank you for reporting on the USA's equivalent of Roman decadence and congratulations on your lucid analysis.
CatFish Driver
Ranger

Post by CatFish Driver »

Nomad wrote:
Silverback wrote:
That was one of the things that made the rounds here. I think the big issue I take in can easily be summed up by the letter my old man wrote the editor:
Dear Kristia,

Your article triggered emotions ranging from disgust to despair. I was a Navy officer, (Russian linguist) on active duty in submarines and Willy Victors from 1959 - 1965. My brothers served in the Air Force and Army, respectively. My father and all my uncles served in the US Army during WWI and, more recently, my son in a US Army Ranger Battalion.

It is insulting to the history of the United States military and its fighting men to allow an official building and, by implication the US government, to host a celebration of what can be generously termed in bad taste, and more critically, depravity. My wife, whose family's decorations include a Medaille Militaire and Croix de Guerre, was too upset even to finish your article.

President Obama - a non-military man - is sanctioning activities which can only hasten the moral decline of our nation, and subject us to the ridicule of the world with a concomitant loss of respect and further danger to the men on the front line.

Thank you for reporting on the USA's equivalent of Roman decadence and congratulations on your lucid analysis.
Your father's analysis was concise and to the point. I am sure it'll be lost on the author of the original article. Not much more to say about this....fucking ridiculous.
Ranger School Class 08-02

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice, moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue."
--Senator Barry Goldwater
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Regardless of what ass-fuckery (pun intended) is going on here in the States... I think it is very bad judgment to conduct ourselves in a foreign country this way. It's like going to a friends house for a get together and shitting in the coat room...
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Counterinsurgency at its best. :roll:

"We" just keep rolling out the reasons why the enemy is "morally superior" in his mind and target audience.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
173dave
Embryo

Post by 173dave »

I spend a few years in Iran and Saudi Arabia and from what I saw the mosulmes seem to like their little boys.......

Maybe this fits right in over there
It's better to be pissed off than pissed on!
173rd Airborne, Vietnam 6/70 to 1/71
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Disinfertention wrote:Regardless of what ass-fuckery (pun intended) is going on here in the States... I think it is very bad judgment to conduct ourselves in a foreign country this way. It's like going to a friends house for a get together and shitting in the coat room...
Dude, you were at that party?!?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Lefty
Rest In Peace | Ranger Advisor BDQ

Post by Lefty »

I cannot comprehend that the US State Department accepts, condones, approves, or in any way officially sanctions such practices, or even gives this tacit approval with a "wink and a nod". This is too wierd for words.
RLTW
Lefty
SFOC 1969
6th SFG(A) 69-70
Ranger Class 13-70
MACV Tm 21 70-71 (2nd ARVN Ranger Gp 23d
BN)
2/13 Armor 1st Cav 71-72

"Experience teaches a dear school, but fools will learn in no other, and some scarce in that"
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Lefty wrote:I cannot comprehend that the US State Department accepts, condones, approves, or in any way officially sanctions such practices, or even gives this tacit approval with a "wink and a nod". This is too wierd for words.
Our State Department? Hillary's State Department?
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

I read shit like this and tell myself, "you have to quit reading this shit". Serious....I get so pissed I want to murder someone.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Disinfertention wrote:Regardless of what ass-fuckery (pun intended) is going on here in the States... I think it is very bad judgment to conduct ourselves in a foreign country this way. It's like going to a friends house for a get together and shitting in the coat room...
There is an Imam in the International Zone (Green Zone) that was appointed by Saddam. The man is as gay as gay can be and openly. There have been death threats and attempts but he cites it is the will of Allah that he is still alive. :lol:
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams

Return to “The News Dump”