USMC 3rd Recon Bat. Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bravo57
Ranger

Re: USMC 3rd Recon Bat. Intro

Post by Bravo57 »

Miller,
Welcome to the site. In the interest of keeping posers at bay, we really verify if someone served in the Ranger Regiment or attended and Graduated Ranger School. We vette every person who comes on this board. Don't worry, once you are verified, you'll fit in just fine.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

miller74md wrote:

You guys are something else.
Brother, you have no idea. :lol:

Welcome aboard, Marine.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

He's who he claims to be. Welcome, Ranger!

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
miller74md
USMC Recon/ Ranger

Post by miller74md »

Thanks. Just wanted to clear up though my title/tag or avatar rank or whatever it is.

Just plain ol' "Recon Marine/Ranger" is more correct. Force Recon was a different animal. I was with 3rd Recon Batt not 3rd Force Recon. 3rd Recon Batt was at Camp Schwab and Force Recon was Camp Hansen if you're familiar with Okinawa. I'm not sure who Force fell under in terms of Command. 3rd Recon Batt eventually ended up as Reconnaissance Company, 4th MarDiv. 3rd Force did their own thing and we never really played well together haha.

Anyways....

Thanks. I understand the vetting. No disrespect intended or taken.

Most of the guys that were at Batt early my first year that I don't remember were guys I tried to stay under their radar. The first 8-9 months, either during RIP or the "roper/boot" stage you stayed out of the way of experienced guys until they either got to know you or they rotated back to the world. Honestly, most of the older guys I only semi-remember and they were sometimes just pissed off short-timers. I eventually stayed there long enough to turn into one too so I got out!

I'm sure there are guys I forgot. Probably a few who I didn't like and possibly a few others who didn't like me either. I guess after awhile all that stuff just blurs together. It's fun to think about the old days though. It brings back a lot of memories.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

miller74md wrote:Thanks. Just wanted to clear up though my title/tag or avatar rank or whatever it is.

Just plain ol' "Recon Marine/Ranger" is more correct. Force Recon was a different animal. I was with 3rd Recon Batt not 3rd Force Recon.
Correction made. Sorry about that.

RLTW
EP
miller74md
USMC Recon/ Ranger

Post by miller74md »

Errr.....scratch that. "3rd Recon Batt eventually ended up as Reconnaissance Company, 4th MarDiv". I meant to say Reconnaissance Company, 3rd MarDiv.

I forget where the other half of the old Batt. ended up but no one wanted to go there LoL. 4th Marine Regiment maybe? I don't know. I just remember I was glad back then that I didn't get the short straw on that deal.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Just don't say:
"I didn't mean Army Ranger School...I meant Power Ranger School..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
RLTW
EP
RAT
BANNED

Post by RAT »

Miller,

Don't worry about places. I got your back.

FYI.

3rd Recon Bn was split in 92 to 4th Marines and 9th Marines. Dco to 4th and Bco to 7th Comm (Det) Force Recon and 9th Marines. Then 4th and 9th reformed to Div Recon. Det stayed at MEF level.

It was Yager that you were thinking of. He is an E-8 or 9. He was running the DA program @ 2 SOTG.

Brady is flying helo's for the Army, Lovesock is now writing papers for the Marines.

Hemp last we spoke was in Fl on a Tac team.

Koch is a big wig with the state of Ca.

Sazbo is in the SEAL/s.

Baez was KIA

For you Rangers;

Miller here checked himself into Ranger School when he was home on leave because we were short on schools at the time.

As for Rangers in the Company it was damn near all Bco.Lt Col Forester wanted the whole DA and DRP tms Ranger School Grads.

As for the people the were left before we all rejoined: me, Trimble, Sazbo, Downs, Hill, Brooks, Barns, Middelton, Birnbach, Roadwaldt, Keopp, Turk, Dean, Turner, Santilly, Burk, Vinney Tutarow.

Good to see you here. Just spoke with Bert, he is now in the WPPS system with DynCorps.

I lurk here for the most part. Most these fags :D know how to get a hold of me if need be.

RO
miller74md
USMC Recon/ Ranger

Post by miller74md »

Thanks for the info Rat. Some of the details were buried in the brain housing group.

Sgt. Yager! That's right. We still lived in the barracks right by the beach on Schwab at the time. He ran my RIP. I guess the story was Sgt Yager liked to do hand-stands on the railing at the top of the stairwells. After one too many one night he toppled over on an attempt. He got banged up pretty good.

Sgt. Bags went with us to the DAP. He was a Ranger too and one badass mofo.

I talked with Brady a couple years ago on Facebook or MySpace or one of those. I didn't know he was flying.

Borden went to the Air Marshalls I think it was shortly after 9/11 I think.

Stare I followed on his Blogs for awhile until he got shut down. I think he was in Cali or something at Journalism school.

I was in Hemphill's wedding a few years after we got out. Senecal, Rasario, and Perno went down also. Last I knew Hempy was on a Fire Dept too. Lost track of him here in the last couple years.

I talked to Perno a couple months ago. He was heading to Afghanistan.

Really wish I could track down everyone. Maybe I getting sentimental in my old age or something.

My walk on at Ranger school almost didnt work. I was only supposed to go to Jump School. I had to spend 2 weeks with a Guard unit after Jump School until a Zero week started and my orders were almost up for leave. In Zero Week I didnt know if I was UA or AWOL or what. I finally got a copy of new TAD orders when I was heading to the Mountains. I still feel lucky to have gone. Right place, right time. Someone must have said, "Let him stay, he's already there." I think it was Capt. Teidi (sp) maybe who was the CO at the time?

Anyways, thanks Rat. You jarred my memory. Much obliged.
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

Welcome young ranger. My RS buddy was a Marine; Force Recon. He finished top of our class. I pushed him right through. Ha, Ha. He was sharp as a tack. Wasn't your dad was he? LOL
502in62

Post by 502in62 »

Welcome young ranger. My RS buddy was a Marine; Force Recon. He finished top of our class. I pushed him right through. Ha, Ha. He was sharp as a tack. Wasn't your dad was he? LOL
smokn38
Paratrooper

Post by smokn38 »

Welcome.
HHC 1/508th Panama 1989-1990
HHC and A Co 1/505th 1990-1992

Return to “Introduction Archive”