Starting RIP March 2nd...

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
candyman
Paratrooper

Re: Starting RIP March 2nd...

Post by candyman »

Good job today man, considering I think its safe to assume we lost our pass, come by my room or just call me, I plan on working out nice and hard this weekend. Anyways see you in a little bit.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

XCrunner wrote: Yeah, other holdovers testing positive for cocaine and weed, along with guys sleeping in the barracks on talking on their phones during the duty day will screw everybody else... At least they won't have a chance to screw us in RIP, they are all now world wide. :lol:
Their losses feel great, don't they? :twisted:

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Good job to both of you. Talked to kozzman555, Adam last night and he passed too.

It is always nice to get rid of some of the "Deadwood". As I have always told Adam, you need to do your very best, every minute of every day and only hang around with those who do the same.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Won't be long now...
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

XCrunner wrote:
candyman wrote:Good job today man, considering I think its safe to assume we lost our pass

Will do! Congrats to you too! Not having to take another PT test in RIP will be nice.

Yeah, other holdovers testing positive for cocaine and weed, along with guys sleeping in the barracks on talking on their phones during the duty day will screw everybody else... At least they won't have a chance to screw us in RIP, they are all now world wide. :lol:
Continue to feed of off the weakness around you.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
candyman
Paratrooper

Post by candyman »

:D One of the best things, well before the new guys was... the lines for chow were getting shorter with people going world wide and doing drugs. Food always makes me happy
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

B/2-75 Ranger Bn
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

Just talked to my Mentee last night and he's gonna be in the class with the rest of the cats. He said the last class had only one man quit which has never happened before. He said the SOCOM CG came to graduation for that reason. I'll bet the Regiment is happy as pigs in shit to get a platoon plus of FNG's per Battalion!

Like I told my Mentee, it's up to you guys now. The next three weeks will go by like a blink and then the fun really begins. Stay hungry and stay motivated, and above all stay out of trouble!.. You men will have the bull by the horns will can go as far as you want to. You'll see when in six months half of the people you graduate RIP with will be gone.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

"...it is what it is..."
You got that zen thing down now Grasshopper (subtle '70sFOG cultural reference there :oops: ) The more dead weight that leaves, the more attention each instructor can give to those who will benefit.
Take heart from the quitters & losers. I've said it 200 times already, but since I'm an old guy & we tend to repeat ourselves: The losers should be great motivation for you to excel in RIP, after all, you fail or quit; you get to spend the next threepointfive years deploying with THEM in THEIR platoons. :shock:

You have stagefright right now, with game time right around the corner. This is part of your go-to-war training, you're going to have this same stage fright when you deploy and again and again when you roll out the gates.
Learn to deal with it - like you said - it is what it is.

"Rangers Lead the Way!" Get going and become part of it!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

candyman wrote: I plan on working out nice and hard this weekend.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, man love
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Cole range first? Excellent. I know you're already in shape for it and another week won't matter now.
Best part is that you'll be shed of most of the rest of the weak sisters and for the remainder of RIP, you'll be training more than being selected, while the other half will still be sorting.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Dreadnought
Ranger

Post by Dreadnought »

XCrunner wrote:Rangers,

Quick update, done with week one! As far as I know, all the guys from this site who started in this class are still there. There have been quite a few med-drops and VW's, but I'm not sure of the exact number. We started with around 300, they ended up splitting us into two classes running simultaneously. The PT is hard but very good. We go out to Cole Range next week while the other class conducts range week. It's gonna be quite an experience, I'm glad my class gets to knock it out first.
I am now more confident than ever that I can do this, it's all about doing the right thing at the right time and not quitting.

Staying motivated, driving on, and never quitting!

-XCrunner
Actually man, "Hairy" quit on one of the first days of the week.

XCrunner and I are in the same platoon, and it seems like both of us are plenty motivated to do what it takes to knock out what needs to be done.
D/2/75 APRIL 09 - APRIL 2017
RS 11-10
CDQC 002-13
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

I am trying to put together a list of all the men off this sight that are in this class. Here is who I know about:

Kozzman555
Dreadnought
XCrunner
Modus Operandi
Candyman

If there are others that anyone knows about, please PM me their name and screen name please.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537

Return to “Letters from School”