USAFA Facts Of The Day

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Re: USAFA Facts Of The Day

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

28 Jan 2009

Interesting Fact of the Day: The S. in Harry S. Truman did not stand for anything.
Fun Fact of the Day: Stephen King, the horror author, is afraid of the dark, so much so that he sleeps with a night light.
Not so Interesting Fact: Despite several studies, no one is certain how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.

Fun Video Of The Day: Turtle Man
Never Falter, Never Fail

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
-Robert Frost

Mentee of Ranger Zonk 1/75
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

The turtle man is my new hero
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:28 Jan 2009
Not so Interesting Fact: Despite several studies, no one is certain how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop.
This one is not a surprise. There's far too many variables to make a consistent study - the quality of the lick-er, the quantity of the licking, to say nothing of the exact technique used to do it. There is an art and a science to licking. :wink:
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Ardent Lady wrote:
This one is not a surprise. There's far too many variables to make a consistent study - the quality of the lick-er, the quantity of the licking, to say nothing of the exact technique used to do it. There is an art and a science to licking. :wink:
Just what I needed to think about at 6:30 in the morning.... at work!
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

. wrote:
Ardent Lady wrote:
Demonstrator POST!!!!
X2! And you better be moving at a high rate of speed to get here!
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Some demonstrations are wanted, Rangers? Alrighty then... Here is the basic equipment...

Showing the quantity of lick...

The quality of licking

Special techniques....

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Ahhhhh, much better now.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Bravo57 wrote:Ahhhhh, much better now.
You're welcome, Ranger Bravo57. I'm glad this post was closer to meeting the standard. ;)

--Herbert Spencer
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

Ardent Lady, I would like to give you the heads up that I would be very displeased if USAFA were to ban the forum. But besides that… Thank you for the pictorial demonstration!

29 JAN 2009

Interesting Fact of the Day: Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both participants are registered blood donors.
Fun Fact of the Day: In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die.
Not so Interesting Fact: Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

Fun Video of the Day: SlingShot Man
Never Falter, Never Fail

-Robert Frost

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ya'll need to watch that video he put on called the "Slingshot man". Dude can knock the pekker off a piss ant.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Ya'll need to watch that video he put on called the "Slingshot man". Dude can knock the pekker off a piss ant.
Kinda like somebody else I know.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Spawn Of Zonk wrote:Ardent Lady, I would like to give you the heads up that I would be very displeased if USAFA were to ban the forum. But besides that… Thank you for the pictorial demonstration!

29 JAN 2009

Interesting Fact of the Day: Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both participants are registered blood donors.
Fun Fact of the Day: In 1980, a Las Vegas hospital suspended workers for betting on when patients would die.
Not so Interesting Fact: Dolphins sleep with one eye open.

Fun Video of the Day: SlingShot Man
Young Zoomie in training Spawn of Zonk, I would also be quite displeased if USAFA were to block this forum from your use. Have no concerns - I will continue to abide by the guidelines. You're welcome for the demostration. Take heed and enjoy!

--Herbert Spencer
Spawn Of Zonk
Tadpole

Post by Spawn Of Zonk »

30 JAN 2009

Interesting Fact of the Day: The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they can be easily confused at a crime scene.
Fun Fact of the Day: The following is a palindrome. “Nurse, I spy gypsies. Run!”
Not So Interesting Fact: The municipal borough of Richmond, Surrey, was the first local authority in England and Wales to commence a program of municipal housing provision under the 1890 Housing Act.

For Those Who Need It...Palindrome: A word or phrase that reads the same backward as forward.

Fun Video Of The Day: Really Good Football Or Really Good Editing?
Never Falter, Never Fail

-Robert Frost

King of Hearts
Tadpole

Post by King of Hearts »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
Spawn Of Zonk wrote:30 JAN 2009

Interesting Fact of the Day: The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they can be easily confused at a crime scene.
That problem can be circumvented by the investigator recognizing the presence of little turds that smell similar to cough drops (eucalyptus)

Additional Zonk fun fact:

Koalas are sometimes called “Drop-Monkeys” by local Australians because the fuzzy little marsupials sometimes over eat on a particular berry that when ferments gets them drunk. Then they fall from their perch!

This info was provided to me by the only Aussie that I spent any length of time with. He also called a shit floating in water a “Blind Mullet” !
It also helps that koalas have two thumbs on each hand. :D

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”