Introduction.

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Gibsonn
Egg

Introduction.

Post by Gibsonn »

Name: Chris
Education: 2yrs college
No criminal history.

ASVAB was taken today with score of 82.
Recruiter has me going to MEPS in about 2 weeks if all goes well.
Contract will be a 11x w/ Option 40.

Only forseable problem is my Security Clearence. I do have a poor credit rating. With research done here and elsewere, I have found that as long as I disclose everything and show that I am trying to resolve my debt that I should be able to obtain it.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Re: Introduction.

Post by Ranger Ron »

Welcome to ArmyRanger.com and I appreciate your interest in becoming a Ranger. If you will look, listen and pay attention to details you can learn a great deal here.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

Shit man, being a private in the U.S. Army and having a poor credit rating go hand in hand. That is why you see all of those ripoff car dealerships and stripper clubs by most bases. That is just the way it is. And most likely how it has always been
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
RangerJurena
Ranger/Moderator

Post by RangerJurena »

Baseplate wrote:Shit man, being a private in the U.S. Army and having a poor credit rating go hand in hand. That is why you see all of those ripoff car dealerships and stripper clubs by most bases. That is just the way it is. And most likely how it has always been
2 kids and 2 consolidation loans roughly 10 years later and my credit rating was still struggling as a SSG promotable. I would have to believe as long as you are current on your payments that you should be good to go.

Thank you for enlisting and welcome to the site. Read the ROE PM I sent you and use the search button it can be your friend.
C.Co 1/75 '87-'93
6-89
http://www.75thrra.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - are you a member?
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome aboard, and good luck at MEPS. Don't sign anything that isn't exactly what you want. Remember, it's your life.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to become a Ranger is commendable. Post again to let us know how things go at MEPS, and if they do not offer you a contract without an Aption 40, thank them and walk away without signing it. Go home, your phone will ring.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Just because your credit score may be sub 600 doesn't mean your clearance won't go through. I think its bankruptcies and delinquent accounts they look for.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

I hope you've learned something from your bad credit experience? History has a way of repeating it's self! When you get your Ranger enlistment option, take two grains of salt and drive on to your Ranger objective, and one of your Ranger objectives is to develop financial discipline and stay out of the credit game. I've been there and done that and they tried to take my t-shirt. With you head screwed on right, you can overcome your past...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...
Gibsonn
Egg

Post by Gibsonn »

Thank you all for your advice and comments. This site is truly a great help.

Ranger Andy. Yes I have learned from my mistake with credit, I will never fall into that hole again.

Return to “Introduction Archive”