Intro Second chance False discharge

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

msk1990
Egg

Intro Second chance False discharge

Post by msk1990 »

Hi everyone, My name is John 18/m and i was in basic training this last summer. I was Discharged for failing a methacholine test, because i was sick. Long story short its was just bronchitis and not what they thought...asthma. Well, 4 pulmonary fuction tests later and copies of all my medical documents proving no histroy of asthma im going back in. I was originally enlisted as 89D (EOD) but was discharged before shipping out to my first school. Now that im able to enlist again i would love to go in as 11x op 40, or 13f op 40. Since i left basic, my pt has ceased lack of motivation on my part :( im sure you can all see why. Well anyways Life goes on....I have to complete basic training again even though i had done 8 weeks of it. Fort Jackson was way to easy, even in a hard company it was not difficult compared to my brothers time in Fort Benning. Id rather have the shit kicked outta me for 9 weeks rather then a fucking summer camp. My current pt test sucks, working hard everyday on it:

2mile run : 15:40
P/u : 67
S/u : 80

Lack of motivation from being essentially falsely discharged, that's life though mistakes happen and that's why i get a second chance. Trying to get a diet going again, not really fat but could lose a few pounds lol, 5'8 180 atm. During basic i had so much fun with room clearing and tactics that is how i knew 11x would be a great Mos for me. Probably going to be leaving around late jan early feb for basic, if anyone has any good workouts of diets that they would like to share id be much appreciated. Been doing a few sandbag workouts from basic, but looking for lots of different stuff to mix it up. During basic i had passed everything fine, in fact during basic i lost 35 lbs, loved every minute of it. I hate a strange passion for ruck marching, which will surely help me for 11x op 40. I have always wanted to be a ranger because they are the best of the best, having several friends who are in the 75th every time i talk to them it only makes it sound better. I love to go balls out on everything i do. Hope this is good for an intro, cant think of much else to say.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Re: Intro Second chance False discharge

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome. Your desire to become an Army Ranger is appreciated. Have you begun the process with a recruiter? There are a number of PT improvement topics is the Physical Fitness forum. Check it out. And read and heed the ROE PM I have sent you.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Pretty cool that you got a chance to 'try it out' only to realize your true desires. Welcome.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
msk1990
Egg

Post by msk1990 »

yeah it was nice to be able to see what the army life is like. For the above question i have and i'm almost complete with the process with my recruiter.
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

It's good that you realize & admit where you're weak - you now have no excuse for failure. Your PT scores are better than some that have tried, you're at a good starting point.
At least you have had a taste of army life - pretty cool how that worked out. :)

Find and read the relevant forums. Such things as the duties of a 13F in Regiment are discussed in depth.

Clear communication skills are paramount in Ranger operations. Start with proper grammer - don't use "textspeak" here. If you have no self respect, then continue failing to capitalize the personal pronoun.
We 'uns what gots the 'Ranger' B4 are names git to right ignornt - you don't yet. :P
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
msk1990
Egg

Post by msk1990 »

Yeah sorry for writing in text speak, horrible habit. Well i got kind of a new update not good at the moment though. Seem to be having trouble with my wavier, its the simplest of them, yet having lots of problems. Even though meps says i'm fine, wavier is coming back denied. Nothings easy is it haha. Probably going to have to get congressman involved...hope it doesn't come to that.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

:roll:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
abn-rgr
Ranger

Post by abn-rgr »

Uh...yeah :?
RS 04-94
"Hard and Cold for the Black and Gold"
Ne Desit Virtus
Ranger Andy
Ranger

Post by Ranger Andy »

msk1990 wrote:Probably going to have to get congressman involved
Get a Congressman involved? What are you fucking nuts? Dude, you need to keep your shit low key, very low key, if you hope to realize your Ranger dream. You need to re-read what the Ranger community is all about. Get a Congressman involved; holy fucking shit!

ps: After a Ranger has addressed this issue with you, your punctuation and grammer still sucks...
Ranger Class 6-73 & 7-73
C Company, 75th Infantry (Ranger)
The Ranger Department (City Team)

I Hope They Serve Cold Beer in Hell...

Return to “Introduction Archive”