Couple charged in death tried to 'rid infant of demons'

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Silverback
Ranger

Couple charged in death tried to 'rid infant of demons'

Post by Silverback »

HENDERSON - Tattered clothing, three hungry dogs and trash strewn across the front porch are all that remained Wednesday of a crime scene so gruesome that some Rusk County law enforcement officials are seeking psychological help.

Blaine Keith Milam and 2008 Longview High graduate Jesseca Bain Carson, both 18, remained in jail Wednesday on $2 million bond each. The couple are charged with capital murder in the Tuesday morning bludgeoning of Carson's daughter, Amora Bain Carson.

Rusk County Pct. 5 Justice of the Peace Bob Richardson said the charge could mean life in prison or the death penalty if Milam or Carson is convicted.

Lt. Reynold Humber, chief criminal investigator with the Rusk County Sheriff's Office, said sheriff officials received a 911 call around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday from the couple's home in the 13000 block of CR 2125 saying that the child was not breathing. Humber said once the first deputy arrived, paramedics informed him that the child was dead and there were suspicious circumstances.

When detectives entered the residence around 11 a.m., Humber said they found the child on the floor of a bedroom with several injuries, including severe trauma that appeared to have been caused by a heavy object.

Humber said when detectives asked about Amora's injuries, the couple gave several explanations, including that they had left the child unattended and someone broke in and bludgeoned her.

Full Story
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
King of Hearts
Tadpole

Re: Couple charged in death tried to 'rid infant of demons'

Post by King of Hearts »

I hope they get the death penalty. Nothing is worse than killing a baby.
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Not a good situation!!! I have a cousin who suffers from a severe chemical imbalance. One time when her "Church Friends" told her she didn't have to take the medicine because God would take care of her, actual was going to do the same to her kids. fortunately the people around her caught it and she was in the hospital for about a month and a half. That was year ago and she has been "Relatively" fine since and has stayed on her meds.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Another "Religion of peace"
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

Silverback wrote:Another "Religion of peace"
Right on! A couple of different times during that period they just about did her in with that philosophy. She is lucky that she and her kids survived. She doesn't have a real good life since she is pretty much limited in her abilities. She is a good person though.
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

This sort of thing is always sad to hear.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
JohnDowland
Ranger

Post by JohnDowland »

King of Hearts wrote:I hope they get the death penalty. Nothing is worse than killing a baby.
I've often thought it ironic that our social services have on many an occasion whisked children away from a family where the mere suspicion of neglect or abuse is harbored, but will then turn a blind eye to all of the women who kill their own kids on the abortion table.

That this is a can of worms for some does not remove the irony.
3/75 '93-'95
Operation Uphold Democracy '94
OIF '10
OEF '10/'11
USASOC Chaplain

"Let not him who girds on his armor boast as he who takes it off!" - Ahab, king of Israel
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

JohnDowland wrote:
King of Hearts wrote:I hope they get the death penalty. Nothing is worse than killing a baby.
I've often thought it ironic that our social services have on many an occasion whisked children away from a family where the mere suspicion of neglect or abuse is harbored, but will then turn a blind eye to all of the women who kill their own kids on the abortion table.

That this is a can of worms for some does not remove the irony.

Or a state that kills those same children (they just wait a little longer to book the kill).
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The News Dump”