NCOER bullet comments from HRC

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Bullet point from OER, Ft Lewis 9ID, circa 1977:
"soldiers will follow this Lt out of idle curiosity to see what he will do next"
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

When we were cleaning out the 2-502 HQ for some reason we came across some old NCOERs from Vietnam.

One of them (signed by Hank "Gunslinger" Emerson) said "This NCO is honest in word and fearless in battle." I always thought that kinda took the cake.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

"I have yet to figure SFC. Bell out. While he conducts relentless training he continually hides the platoon from me refusing to allow me to partake of the training much less supervise".

"This NCO has informed me that my role as a PL is to stay away and that the very survival of my men depends on me not being involved in anything the platoon does".

Some of my crowning achievements as a PSG and actually put in writing. This PL was dumber than a bag full of nails.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:"I have yet to figure SFC. Bell out. While he conducts relentless training he continually hides the platoon from me refusing to allow me to partake of the training much less supervise".

"This NCO has informed me that my role as a PL is to stay away and that the very survival of my men depends on me not being involved in anything the platoon does".

Some of my crowning achievements as a PSG and actually put in writing. This PL was dumber than a bag full of nails.
classic.... :wink:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
PocketKings
Ranger

Post by PocketKings »

Tenn-RGR wrote:
PocketKings wrote:When we were cleaning out the 2-502 HQ for some reason we came across some old NCOERs from Vietnam.

One of them (signed by Hank "Gunslinger" Emerson) said "This NCO is honest in word and fearless in battle." I always thought that kinda took the cake.
They had NCOERs then?
Whatever the equivalent was, yes. We read through a whole bunch of them. They were the commander's transcribed notes by his S-1, so some of them were award recommendations. It was pretty enlightening.
RS 01-00
82d (1-325 AIR) 99-00
101st (2-502d IN) 00-03
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

rgrpuck wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:"I have yet to figure SFC. Bell out. While he conducts relentless training he continually hides the platoon from me refusing to allow me to partake of the training much less supervise".

classic.... :wink:
I'm sure the Sergeants Major on your promotion board chuckled and said, "we gotta promote this dude now..." :lol:
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Did you write it for him?
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Re: NCOER bullet comments from HRC

Post by JarHedSolja »

My personal favorites, in no particular order:

Wade wrote: NCO refuses to take APFT (NEB noted that soldier received all success ratings).

NCO caught for driving automobile during run event of APFT.

Sentences used just to fill up space, such as, "Soldier baked cookies for entire Platoon."

SOLDIER IS VERY HONORABLE EVEN THOUGH THE SOLDIER SHOPLIFTED AT A LOCAL STORE.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
GoldCoast
Ranger/Matchmaker

Re:

Post by GoldCoast »

Beautiful. I bet from the PL's perspective this was a wake up call for you. It was probably more like throwing scooby snacks to the boogey man. Wish I could have been there. :)
HHC 2/75 (1998- 2000)

Duty a mountain; Death a feather.

One of these days I'll start off slow...
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re:

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Ranger Bill wrote:

Did you write it for him?
No, but my Company Commander at the time didnt know if he should laugh or cry. He sat there in stunned silence as he read it. Not because of what was said but the fact that the PL actually put it in writing.

PS: Have you actually ever made a PL cry? Yes I did.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

NCO is like Batman is to Robin and Superman is to Super boy.

Not a leader or a follower, do not promote.

What this NCO could not steal from supply he requisitioned and had delivered to his home address.

NCO refuses to take APFT (NEB noted that soldier received all success ratings).
The first one is just gay. The rest I have actually had Joes do. My APFT refusal told me he took an APFT 7 months prio and only needed one a year. After I pulled out the regulation and slapped him in the fucking face with it, I showed him the page which stated it is a semi-annual requirement and could also be giving at any time. Then I recommend UCMJ and got his sorry ass demoted.

Act like a shitbag, live like a shitbag I always say.

The theif actually came to me during the modularity in JAN2006. He was someone that the last unit wanted to get rid of, but fuck it I gave him a chance. His first issue was his fucking Air Force hair, I told him to get a decent cut before meeting the CSM. Unfortunately, the CSM saw him right then. This fucker was already off on the wrong foot. Then once I got a call from a buddy asking about some IBA's and if this "NCO" had them around my office. I asked said trooper about the vests, to which he replied he only had his own. No problem. Fast forward to about 1545 and I get a call from the S-3 of the last unit this turd was in. She , LTC Wagon (then MAJ) asked me to have the turd meet us at her office by 1700. Fucker ruined beerthirty for me. She said it was in regard to some missing equipment. So when I get there CID is ther and gives me the run down. They intended to arrest him and I was there to represent the COC. I immediately called the 1SG and a few minutes later the BDE CSM called me. I told him the story, and he told me this soldier would be out of the infantry BDE by monday 0900. This was now about 2000 on a friday night. Sure as shit that Soldier was gone by monday and the last I heard he was turning big rock into little ones out in Kansas. Turns out, fucker had 4 IBA's, 4 promasks, a stolen Aircraft toolbox with all the tools and various other items in his house when they conducted the search. Shot to Splash: about 25 days.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
SupplyRanger
Ranger

Post by SupplyRanger »

hit_it wrote:His first issue was his fucking Air Force hair, I told him to get a decent cut before meeting the CSM.
What is with everyone hating on guys that don't wear high and tights? You would hate me if you saw me.

Didn't mean to hijack a thread. I just don't understand why Regular Army frowns upon guys that don't have high and tights or shaved heads.
Ranger School CL# 04-05

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”