8yr old accidently kills himself at machine gun shoot

News posted by members of this site. If you want to publish your own article or have something of value for the front page please indicate it as such.
Before posting make sure it hasn't already been posted. Write a concise and pertinent intro if you are going to post here.

Moderator: Site Admin

Forum rules
Check for duplicates before posting, otherwise post it in the original thread. If you want to post an article of your own or find it significant for the front page please let us know. Rangers Lead the Way
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

I honestly can't see myself handing a full auto weapon with a short muzzle to an 8 year old, without having some serious class time first. The anti-gun crowd will have a hay day with this. The media will, too (this article was already a little slanted). What a shame.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Damn shame.
Last edited by RTO on October 27th, 2008, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

How is a kid getting killed funny?
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister
madslashers1-2
Ranger

Post by madslashers1-2 »

Yeah I gotta wonder that myself
1st Plt, C Co. 2/75, OCT 02/JUN 06, (RS 09-04)
160th LRS-D, JUN 06/SEP 08
1106th TASMG, SEP 08/MAY 10
Joined the Darkside
A Co. 1/185 AR, MAY 10/Present
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Baseplate wrote:How is a kid getting killed funny?
A kid getting killed is not funny, what's funny is some fucking slacker little dick wannabe (insert father's name) thought it was OK to allow his child to operate a fucking machine gun!

Of course now the father has entered the "Victim zone" so his incompetence will go unquestioned and he'll probably sue someone else. This was a completely avoidable tragedy and the father should be jailed for manslaughter and or felonious child neglect.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Silverback wrote:
A kid getting killed is not funny, what's funny is some fucking slacker little dick wannabe (insert father's name) thought it was OK to allow his child to operate a fucking machine gun!

Of course now the father has entered the "Victim zone" so his incompetence will go unquestioned and he'll probably sue someone else. This was a completely avoidable tragedy and the father should be jailed for manslaughter and or felonious child neglect.
As usual, I agree with Dan. Parents are responsible for their children. Why a father would permit his eight-year old son to pick up and fire an Uzi is beyond comprehension. Eight-year olds require supervision -- close supervision.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Jim wrote:
Silverback wrote:

As usual, I agree with Dan. Parents are responsible for their children. Why a father would permit his eight-year old son to pick up and fire an Uzi is beyond comprehension. Eight-year olds require supervision -- close supervision.
Yep to both Dan and Jim.

Inexcusible
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

I trained my kids when they were young to use fire arms. Never would have put a full auto weapon in their hands because of control issues. homever the instructor was, he should have been shot. The Dad...I think his price was high enough.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Hung Low wrote:Now THIS I find amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan, I think this was directed at you for calling a certain someone the first female Ranger... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(wellfed poking short stick into hornet's nest at angry hour)

Seriously, this is tragic and also negligence on the part of the Father. My Son is about the same age and I taught him how to shoot, always have muzzle awareness but not automatic sub- machine guns... :shock:
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:I trained my kids when they were young to use fire arms. Never would have put a full auto weapon in their hands because of control issues. homever the instructor was, he should have been shot. The Dad...I think his price was high enough.
I bet the father considered (deliberately past tense) himself a fire arms expert or at least an "advanced level" user.

How many times have we seen the very men we trained nut up and do some stupid shit? The way we avoided tragedy in the past is through proper training and proper supervision.

I am of the opinion that allowing an eight year old child to pull the trigger of a machine gun without proper supervision is akin to pulling it yourself.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
ANGRYCivilian
Tadpole

Post by ANGRYCivilian »

When I was 8, I had a bolt action .22lr, that I shot with my Dad, and that was as rapid fire as it got.

It's sad the kid died; but, absolutely ridiculous letting an 8 year old fire a full auto weapon.
St Barbara's Bastards
82C1P

"Parole officer says I gotta upgrade, or he won't give me back my stabbin' knife!"~Roberto

Return to “The News Dump”