M4 advice (for a noob)

Rifles, Machineguns, Mortars, etc...
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

NupeRanger wrote:http://www.colt.com/law/lecarbine.asp

It's got 1:7 twist, and the barrel is 16" long. So, I am guessing that means that I can shoot anything 5.56(or .223) by 45? With grain ranging from 55 to 77?

I didn't realize how spoined we were in Batt!

Thanks,
Stick with the 62 grain, 69 max. Properly loaded 77 grains should be long to fit in an AR mag.

62 grain is what you shot in Batt (unless they changed some shit. I'm old and all).
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
NupeRanger
Ranger

Post by NupeRanger »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just got my new rifle today. Only had time for a quick zero before they kicked me off the range. But it was still fun. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice. If I don't go broke on buying ammo, I may get into building AR's in the future. For now though, I just want to finish buying all the toys for this one. Once I get it G2G, I will post pics.

RLTW
C Co 2/75 3-4 (2001-2003)
Tabless B!tc#
OEF 2x
RLTW!
scar
Ranger

Post by scar »

RangerX wrote:

It's got 1:7 twist, and the barrel is 16" long. So, I am guessing that means that I can shoot anything 5.56(or .223) by 45? With grain ranging from 55 to 77?

Thanks,
Stick with the 62 grain, 69 max. Properly loaded 77 grains should be long to fit in an AR mag.

62 grain is what you shot in Batt (unless they changed some shit. I'm old and all).
62 grain is the commonly used but we now have unlimited supply of 77 grain on deployments too
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

scar wrote:
RangerX wrote:

Thanks,

62 grain is the commonly used but we now have unlimited supply of 77 grain on deployments too
They must be loading those fuckers tight. A 77 grain projectile is about as long as a canoe.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “Weapons of War”