BAD GT

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

what do you want? what did your recruiter say? what's the problem? don't answer that, I get it.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

it is possible to get a line score exception when you are close. Close is usually defined as 2 points, though I have seen it happen for as many as 5 points.

I would think about it, ask your recruiter if he is willing to let you retest (technically you aren't allowed but I did it ALL THE TIME), and then think about Option 4 if you still do not have the line score required.

Not saying you should just stand up for Airborne when it's still possible to get the score. If this recruiter has balls, he'll retest you under the deal that if you don't make the score this time, you join with Option 4 anyway since he is sticking his neck out there. He will take shit from his CSM for doing this for you, since retesting passing scores is technically NOT authorized.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

steve32 wrote:SFC hit_it

Thank you very much for the quick response. I am going to ask my recruiter if he will let me take the ASVAB over. It feels good to know I still have a chance to get that contract.

Thanks again,

Steve
Been a week; what happened?
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Sleepy Doc
Ranger

Post by Sleepy Doc »

If push comes to shove and you can't get a high enough score, just go in on the option 4. There is a short class you can take in the local education center when you get to your first posting. It will raise your score automatically when you are done.
B Co 3/75 '95-'99
4th RTB '00-'01

"ahh, Daniel-san.. When balance good, Karate good...everything good!.." K. Miyagi
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

If you don't make it to Regiment it is not the end of the world. There is a lot of war to be had for all. Just be the best soldier you can be wherever you end up. Not everybody can be a Ranger, but every soldier can be great.

Good luck to you and keep your head up, thank you for choosing to serve this great country during a time of war.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Good to know you can retest. Let us know what happens.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Baseplate
Ranger

Post by Baseplate »

U R DUM
HHC 1/75 mtrs Apr 2000- dec 2003
hang it, FIRE!!!!

"I feel sorry for anyone who is not an alcoholic---How would you like to wake up every moring & know that is the best you will feel all day?" W.C. Fields

1st Ranger Bn...We may not go down in history but we will go down on your sister

Return to “Recruitment Process”