Post by Looon »

Good shit!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
alexleon13
US Army Veteran

Post by alexleon13 »

Now that makes sense. Common Sense. That was good.
Graduate Ranger Class 7-87

'82-'83 1/58th Inf 197th Inf Bde
'83-'86 1/187th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama
'86-'89 5/187th and 1/187th Inf 101st Div
"89-'92 PLDC instructor and then 5/87th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama "Operation Just cause" (attached to the 7th Inf Div)
DJB
Ranger

Post by DJB »

Idiot.

The fist thing he says is "read your world history"

America: Fact, a nation of immigrants.

Decoration of independence "He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands."

Idiot.

The founders identified us as a nation of individuals (individual states, made up of individual families) that were united against tyranny.

This kind of nationalistic bullshit makes me sick.
Aco1/75 Rgr 92-98, class 3/94, 300F1 5/95
Instructor Medical OBC, 99-00, 143rd LRSD (TXNG) 00-03.
Contractor Physician JBLM 2010-

Jihadists have no means by which to destroy the institutions of our society, while the Congressman does.

http://www.lifesharers.org/
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Unlike DJB's objections, I tend to agree with the sentiments expressed in this video.

Indications are that in fewer than 12 years, there will be more than 60% hispanic inhabitants of the US (Note I didn't say Citizens). The new language will be Spanish.

We should concern ourselves more with being Americans, and less with Afro-Americans/Mexi-Americans, etc..

English should be the ONLY recognized language. We should not recognize dual-citizenship. Either you live here as an American, or not at all.

If I see another Mexican (Honduran, Chilean <name your country here> ) flag draped across the hood of an El Camino or Cadillac, I will go postal!

I could give two shits that some asshat is from "Chiahauhau" and has so indicated in their rear window; I only care that you 1) Speak fluent English, 2) work for a living and 3) take care of your business and don't become a burden on me or mine!
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
alexleon13
US Army Veteran

Post by alexleon13 »

BruteForce wrote:
We should concern ourselves more with being Americans, and less with Afro-Americans/Mexi-Americans, etc..

English should be the ONLY recognized language. We should not recognize dual-citizenship. Either you live here as an American, or not at all.
Well said. My parents were both born in Cuba and they both are proud naturalized citizens. My dad has an American flag on his rearview mirror. I used to live in Miami and it would totally sicken me when I would go into a business and be talked to in Spanish. I would always answer in English and act like I didn't understand and force them to speak English.

My dad was a veteran of "The bay of Pigs" and did his part to try and take back his country. When that endeavor failed he became a loyal US citzen and has never even tried to visit his relatives back at the home country and actually won't send them any money either basically saying they wanted Castro so now they can live with his bullshit.

When they ask me what nationality I am I say I am American. If we had gone to war with Cuba I would have gladly gone over and kicked ass with no reservations.
Graduate Ranger Class 7-87

'82-'83 1/58th Inf 197th Inf Bde
'83-'86 1/187th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama
'86-'89 5/187th and 1/187th Inf 101st Div
"89-'92 PLDC instructor and then 5/87th Inf 193rd Inf Bde Panama "Operation Just cause" (attached to the 7th Inf Div)
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Hello,
I warn you this is a long post, didn't plan on that but it just turned out that way I guess. I liked what was said in this video, as I see it we an advanced country have come so far away from what our founding fathers put in to place.

The bailouts of the financial institutions that are making the current headlines are not the first of their kind. I truly believe unless enough American Citizens say enough is enough it will not be the last either.

I'm sure management of these companies have savings, investments, retirement plans set aside that can be looked at to help cover the large dollars of debt, losses, mistakes they have made; surely there are other avenues to be tapped rather than having hard working taxpayers paying to bail out the mis managment of a greedy few.

I remember a few years back that the management of various corporate companies were allowed by our Congress to dissolve the retirement programs that their hard working employees paid into through blood, sweat and tears for 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years. Companies like: United Airlines, Tyco, Enron, Worldcom just to name a few, where dedicated employees put decades into their company only to find that they have not been paid back in kind, that they are now relying on much lower benefits then what they paid in and most are struggling on fixed incomes with increases in living costs such as medical insurance and fuel costs.

I believe many that will read this post have stories similar to the ones I share below:

One is my former ex father in law Arnie, a hard working American Veteran, after serving overseas for our country he went on to work for United Airlines for 38 years, on September 9, 2001 a year after he retired, he buried his wife who had only turned 60 a month before and did not enjoy any of her retirement. Currently Arnie is struggling to support his blind and physically disabled step daughter and himself on what our government is now providing for his retirement, paying a few hundred a month for medical coverage that he was told would be provided free of cost to him once he retired.

A second who will not be enjoying any retirement benefits is my father Jim a Vietnam War Veteran, who passed away unexpectedly at 61 last month, he never had a chance to enjoy a day of his retirement. Dad had been trying to work a few more years to have more savings for when he retired in 2 to 3 years from now. He had been worried since the value of his investments, his retirement plan had decreased in recent years and was currently caretaking his terminally ill wife.

America this is our country, we need to stand up and be heard; that Congress and other lawmakes understand that we the working American people will not allow our hard earned money to be used to bailout the greedy, lazy, non contributing members of our society.

Please correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding that the lawmakers in Washington DC and possibly also the lawmakers at the state levels have a retirement system separate from social security that is not at risk of being insufficient when it comes time for these lawmakers to retire.

These few decide how the US tax dollars are to be invested, allocated, spent I do not know about you but when we are talking trillons of dollars earned by various generations of Americans this does not sit well with me.

When studying the US Constitution back in grade school; as I saw it our founding fathers set out to establish justice and promote the general welfare of the People of the United States of America. That they laid the groundwork for me as an American female to have the freedom to be given an educcation, to attend public school and learn; these freedoms that I enjoyed are ones that many females in countries besides The United States of American are not allowed to experience.

I know there is no easy answer to the various crisises now facing our Country. But I know I am proud to be an American, that even as a woman I am able to enjoy the God given right to speak, pray and vote as I see fit. From now until the election I plan to be more active then I have in the past to become more involved in looking for solutions to these critical matters facing our Country today.

Wow I guess I'm a bit passionate about this matter, I just realized how much I wrote. Jenny
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."

Return to “The Mosh Pit”