Cell Phone Provider ?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

91W
USAR

Post by 91W »

I have Verizon as a personal cell phone and Nextel as a Work phone.

I was in western Michigan for a bass tournament this weekend and the Verizon was very spotty but the Nextel worked everywhere I went. I fish all over Indiana, Ohio, Michigan regularly and Verizon is normally the best service. I dropped Centennial last year because of poor coverage.

It just depends where you are at and where you travel. Nextel almost always works along major roads but in the boonies it will get spotty. This was the first weekend I have had a problem with Verizon coverage. I am not happy with the prices from Verizon and will probably just add a second line to the Nextel soon. It works fine here.
"If you cannot accomplish great things, Accomplish small things in a great way"

"A Goal is a dream with a deadline"

USAR 1995-2005
OIF 2004-2005
91W
NREMT
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

I went with Net 10 ( prepaid air card) . I got a Nokia phone with 300 minutes for $25, no contract, minutes are good for 60 days, minutes carry over, but time doesn't. Additional minutes are $.10/ minute. Appears that a missed call will cost me 30 seconds of air time.

EDITED: I called NET 10 about the missing minute. They had sent me a Welcome text message and deducted a minute of my time. They gave it back after I bitched. If they do this to everyone I am sure the minutes add up.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”