For Parents

Military Humor. Laugh at me. Laugh at you. Laugh at them.

Moderator: Site Admin

Vee
Ranger

For Parents

Post by Vee »

made me laugh

The following came from an anonymous Mother in Austin, Texas:

Things I've learned from my Boys (honest and not kidding):

1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words "uh oh", it's already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36-year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject "PB & J" sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The fire department in Austin, TX has a 5-minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.
RSD 96-99
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Re: For Parents

Post by rgrpuck »

Vee wrote: 25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

It does smoke a alot
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

Oh this made me think :twisted: ......I'm looking forward to being a parent someday..... so I can do things I've always wanted to do and say the kids did it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

Oh the good ol' mommy days....memories like excavating the backyard like it was an archaeological dig. Practice shooting the first gun, a Red Rider. Playing veterinarian and surgically removing broken bird legs and making prosthetics for it. Practice hunting moving targets in the backyard, killing the birds and squirrels, hoping mom doesn't find out. Teaching the family dog to retrieve dead squirrels and tree live ones. Going out and getting first job at a taxidermist and mom finding sacks of eyeballs and skulls in the freezer.

Yeah those are some mighty fine mommy memories.
Save A Cowboy...Ride A Harley

Sometimes I feel like a bitch and sometimes I don't.
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

litlbird wrote:Oh the good ol' mommy days....memories like excavating the backyard like it was an archaeological dig. Practice shooting the first gun, a Red Rider. Playing veterinarian and surgically removing broken bird legs and making prosthetics for it. Practice hunting moving targets in the backyard, killing the birds and squirrels, hoping mom doesn't find out. Teaching the family dog to retrieve dead squirrels and tree live ones. Going out and getting first job at a taxidermist and mom finding sacks of eyeballs and skulls in the freezer.Yeah those are some mighty fine mommy memories.
:shock: oooo, Im going to need to prepare myself big time
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Re: For Parents

Post by The Holmchicken »

rgrpuck wrote:
Vee wrote: 25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.

It does smoke a alot

The first thing that came to my mind when I read this was "No shit?". Then I went digging in the garage until my wife asked me what I was doing. Yup, busted. Again.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
German233
Tadpole

Post by German233 »

Memories?
Like playing Roman soldiers in the backyard with homemade shields and spears made from bamboo (hardened in the fire and sharpened on stone :twisted: )

Results:
Said spear will penetrate the thigh of a 9 year old about 3 inches deep and the EMS in Freiburg, Germany have a 6 minute response time.

German out (buying brake fluid)
233 Mtn Btln FGA
6/233 1998/11 (GWS)
SKB Dornstadt 1 1999/03 (M113)
5/233 Weapons Platoon 2000/02 (120 Tampella)
MG1 Handler

Murat Kurnaz is guilty!
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

Yeah, I can just hear it..."mom, mom, come quick, it's serious, there's blood".

litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

My brother and I had spray painted each other camouflage green in the garage many many years ago. Mom had to call grandma over to help get us get cleaned up...places like in the hair and in the ears weren't so easy. Dad got blamed for it.

I thought myself "no shit" on the chlorax and brake fluid. As a mom, I'll take blood and guts over explosives anytime.

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

A BB gun with minimal FPS velocity can be shot up a dogs nose with amazing results. Case in point: When son was about 4 he lured the neighbors loud dog to the fence by rattling the barrel of said BB gun in a knot hole. Dog came to investigate and stuck his nose to the barrell. Son pulled trigger. $1,100 later, BB was removed from the dogs head which traveled tp below it's eye. VERY impressive. :lol:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

and mom's tend to freak out when you walk in the door covered in red paint even if you tell 'em it's not blood. just an exploding paint can...

about the same reaction as when you do walk in covered in blood, your own even...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Ranger Ron
Ranger/LRRP/Admin

Post by Ranger Ron »

kant c too typ this reply bekas thers tooo much smok in here.........
SUA SPONTE - "We few, we happy few, we BAND OF BROTHERS;
for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother!"
- Shakespeare

RLTW! - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave

RS 3-70
SSG VN 69-70
I Co., 75th. Inf.
4/9 Inf., 25th ID

Mentored Ranger kozzman555
http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 183
http://www.ranger.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - LM 3537
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

[quote="litlbird"] Going out and getting first job at a taxidermist and mom finding sacks of eyeballs and skulls in the freezer.

[quote]

Sounds like soup stock to me. She should have been gratefull. :D
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
litlbird
Ranger Mom

Post by litlbird »

You know your a "Redneck" when the 10 point stored in the freezer is for mounting, along with "that damn rooster".

Return to “Good Humor Popsicle Zone”