Introduction

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

PT4fun
Paratrooper

Introduction

Post by PT4fun »

Hello, My name is Rob. I am a PV2 in the Army, I have completed BCT but not AIT. Right now i am waiting to be shipped to Georgia to "fulfill" my 11B/OP40 contract. I spend a lot of time on the AKO forums but am disappointed with the immaturity and lack of respect to superiors by the DEPers on that forum. I have been reading the post on this forum for awhile and like the atmosphere a lot better. I hope i can learn from the SOF community here and also hope i have something to bring for DEPers and others who plan on join the Army.
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to the site. I am sending you a Private Message that explains the site rules and protocol. Please read and observe this before posting further.
rgrking
Ranger

Post by rgrking »

Welcome to the site!
rgrking

RS2 1995 -1996

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: Introduction

Post by Charlie 51 »

PT4fun wrote:Hello, My name is Rob. I am a PV2 in the Army, I have completed BCT but not AIT. Right now i am waiting to be shipped to Georgia to "fulfill" my 11B/OP40 contract. I spend a lot of time on the AKO forums but am disappointed with the immaturity and lack of respect to superiors by the DEPers on that forum. I have been reading the post on this forum for awhile and like the atmosphere a lot better. I hope i can learn from the SOF community here and also hope i have something to bring for DEPers and others who plan on join the Army.
PT4fun, allow me to dispense some of the "atmosphere" you are so attracted to since you pointed out other sites lacking "respect". A verified member of this site sent you a PM with rules of the site that I am sure included the necesity to capatalize the word Ranger when posting. This is a small gesture of "respect" we believe the men that have fought, died, sweated and bled under the auspices of that name deserve.

You clearly disregarded Ranger RTO's ROE PM when you posted this 15 minutes later.
PT4fun wrote:Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:47 pm Post subject: Soldier introductions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an area for rangers, veterans, ranger families, DEPers, and civilians to post an introduction, but what about enlisted/commissioned soldiers that are not art of the SOF community? i think it would be a nice addition to have such.
We require a little more attention to detail around here, especially from prospective Rangers. Tighten you shot group before posting again.

Please do not post an apology to me or anyone else, just sort yourself out and all will be good.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
PT4fun
Paratrooper

Post by PT4fun »

Roger Ranger Charlie 51
"You think you are tough because you are a "man"? because you grew up on the streets? let me tell you something, A man ain't got shit on a soldier!"--Drill Sergeant(E-5) Abdon
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Welcome and good luck in reaching your goals.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Copperhead
Tadpole

Post by Copperhead »

Rob,

Welcome to the site. PM inbound.

-Caleb
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek."
-Mario Andretti
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

***MOVED TO PROPER FORUM BY ADMIN***

I've been out for awhile. If you are 11b, how did you attend Basic, but not AIT? Are they not doing OSUT for 11b's anymore?

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
PT4fun
Paratrooper

Post by PT4fun »

Ranger EarthPig,

I went to BCT in Ft Leonard wood but switched my MOS to 11B with an OP40 contract before i attended AIT. I requested to start with an OSUT class at the beginning of BCT because its been 6 months since I graduated BCT, but i dont know if i will start in week 9 or week 1 yet. I do know that I SHOULD be gone in the next week.
"You think you are tough because you are a "man"? because you grew up on the streets? let me tell you something, A man ain't got shit on a soldier!"--Drill Sergeant(E-5) Abdon
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

PT4fun wrote:Ranger EarthPig,

I went to BCT in Ft Leonard wood but switched my MOS to 11B with an OP40 contract before i attended AIT. I requested to start with an OSUT class at the beginning of BCT because its been 6 months since I graduated BCT, but i dont know if i will start in week 9 or week 1 yet. I do know that I SHOULD be gone in the next week.
Interesting. Welcome to the site, and good luck.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
LRP1
Ranger Hall of Fame

Post by LRP1 »

Welcome and Good Luck Young one...BTW..Georgia has more ticks, chiggers and fleas (sand) than Lost In The Woods would ever comprehend.
HHC 2/502 Recondo 66 -67 RVN
1FFV Echo LRP 20th INF (ABN) 67 - 68
Team 1 1
Satan's Playboys
From Hell We Rise
B Co Omega Recon CCS RT Hammer
75Th RRA Life Member 2189
Special Operations Association Member 2907-GA
Secretary, Worldwide Army Rangers, Inc

Professional Soldiers Are Predictable; The World Is full Of Dangerous Amateurs.

Return to “Introduction Archive”